During this course, you will learn what is a DataGuard, what are the different settings and usage examples.
We will settup together active DataGuard using 2 separate virtual machines. This set allows us to simulate
a real case as much as possible because we will have 2 physical separate servers. We'll use advanced installation
techniques with rman duplicate for standby and the Oracle broker to manage the dataguard.
Come to this course you'll love it, not to be missed.
During the course you will see the folowing key words:
The course consists on videos, you will find the road map for the creation of DataGuard, in a txt file with all
the querys and useful commands.
The course is about four hours and a half and it's splited in 4 blocks. Each block with different chapters.
The 1st block is the description of the Primary set, and then the settup it self. We will use 2 virtual machines
to obtain a more realistic simulation, since each virtual machine will represent a diferent site.
We'll simulate a base in Madrid and another in Barcelona.
Then we'll create the standby database setting up Rman duplicate.
Then we'll speack about how the broker is configured and used. The broker is a tool that allows an easy and
intuitive management of DataGuard.
The last block is monitoring and managing backups and more specifically the archivers.
This course is a luxury ally for all DBA who want to set up a high availability system.
Thanks to this course you'll forget the doubts.
In this section we'll see a txt file with all the steps to do.
In this section, we'll execute in a database, all the steps seen in lecture 6
The creation of the standby instance is a basic step, very simple and fast.
I was born in Spain and then travel to Paris where I start studying databases.
Then I go back to Spain and since 2005 I work exclusivly as Oracle dba. During several years I work in diferents environments and I touch a lot of Oracle technology. Here is part of this knowledge. Most recently, I work with Oracle 12c grid version, Oracle dataguard 11g and some other technologies as Rman o Oracle FlashBack.
Citare aqui unas de las operaciones que realize con exito:
- Mantenimiento de las instancias de Oracle
- Migración Grid control de 10G a 11G
- Migración de datos de un diskgroup a otro. (Cambiar discos de cabina)
- Copia de seguridad diseño de las políticas de recuperación de las bases de datos
- Instalación diseño e instalación de nuevo RAC entornos ASM ersión 11gR2
- Seguimiento con las herramientas de monitoring de OVO, Grid Control y Ganglia
- Creación de nuevas alarmas para OVO
- Restoración de bases de datos con RMAN duplicate
- Formación de un equipo de desarolladores con Oracle FlashBack. Simulamos perdidas de datos tras una release y recuperamos los datos perdidos gracias a FB