This Intermediate English Course as a Foreign Language course for non- native English speakers. Increase competency in Standard English with a focus on Speaking, Listening, Intermediate grammar & reading skills. There is a strong focus on both accuracy and fluency. The course covers Intermediate English Lessons based on contemporary, real-world topics that are relevant to students' lives such as free time and entertainment. The underlying philosophy of the course is that Language is best learned when it is used for meaningful communication.
1. Create simple past statements using the verb to be in the past.
1. Create questions in the past using the verb to be
1. Develop skills in skimming and reading for detail
1. Assess one's ability to ask and answer questions about plans using be going to and will
2. Assess one's ability to give travel advice using modals for necessity and suggestion.
1. Develop skills in listening for details
Hi, my name is Joe. I'm a native English teacher from the United States. My interests are Online education and business and I also enjoy playing basketball during my free time.
I have a degree in business administration from Texas State University. I've been teaching English for 10 years and online since 2012. Since then I have had the pleasure to teach students from all over the world and learned a lot about their amazing culture and customs. I also have experience designing, creating and publishing online English courses
My classes are very dynamic and fun: During the lessons I focus on getting my students to speak and reach fluency by discussing real world topics such as traveling & culture, entertainment, world news, technology and any special interests that my students may have such as technical vocabulary in any field.