Display and analyze GIS data on the web with Leaflet
- 13.5 hours on-demand video
- 66 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to find and zoom to your position on a map
Learn to use leaflet controls for user interface, geocoding, editing, and loading data
Learn what background maps are available and how to use them
- Learn to create vector data and style it in your map
- Learn how to export your GIS data to GeoJSON format and load it into the map
- Learn how to filter a subset of your data
- Learn how to search for specific data elements and view their attributes
- Learn how to analyze spatial relationships
- Much, much, more!
Learn about the basics of client server architecture and how it differs from programming on a single user system.
How to download and install the software required for this course.
Understand what a URL is and how to work with the local host web server
Learn how to use Leaflets location method to locate your device on the map
Learn the different methods for styling markers that re native in Leaflet
Learn how to use the Leaflet.markercluster plugin to de-clutter your marker data
Learn how to generalize a function to reduce code and minimize errors.
- This course has a prerequisite called Introduction to Web Programming for GIS Applications. I assume that students will be familiar with the subject matter of that course up to at least Lesson 61.
"This is a great and advanced web mapping application course to solve real world problem. It's very to follow up and the instructor is very knowledgeable. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the field webmapping. Thanks Michael."
"Very nice course on using leaflet to build web maps. Many aspects of leaflet and leaflet plugins are covered along with some more advanced analysis using turf. The code examples are helpful in getting started with leaflet maps and adding widgets for interacting with the map."
This course will provide you with the knowledge you need to
- create a Leaflet web map
- add map controls
- choose from a variety of background maps
- add your own GIS to it
- style your data
- find specific data
- analyze spatial relationships
At the end of the course you will be able to create web interfaces to view, search, and analyze your GIS data and make them accessible to anyone with a web interface for free!
This course requires only a text editor and an open source web server to get started designing web GIS applications.