DirectX - Learn Microsoft DirectX from Scratch
- 25.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn coceptual and practical level of DirectX
Learn Vector Algebra, C++
- Using DirectX, Learn to create a simple window, create triangles, create quads and different primitives like Cube.
- Using DirectX, We will learn how to rotate cube, add texture, add lights to the cube.
- Windows 8. Visual Studio 2013, Windows HDK. DirectX comes along with Windows HDK.
- Vector Algebra, C++
- A Computer with internet
We shall be working on coceptual and practical level of DirectX. We shall be working on DirectX 11.2. DirectX is rendering API by Microsoft. Direct3D is a part of DirectX. DirectX is a collection of APIs for handling tasks related to multimedia, game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. Originally, the names of these APIs all began with Direct, such as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectSound, and so forth. The name DirectX was coined as shorthand term for all of these APIs and soon became the name of the collection. When Microsoft later set out to develop a gaming console, the X was used as the basis of the name Xbox to indicate that the console was based on DirectX technology.
We will be working on DirectX and will be using C++ as the language of choice. For a better understanding, we need to know Vector Algebra and others, We need Windows8, Visual Studio 2013, Windows HDK. DirectX comes along with Windows HDK.
We will start with creating a simple window. Then we will move on to create triangles. We will create quads and different primitives like Cube. We will learn how to rotate cube, add texture, add lights to the cube.
- Anyone who wants to learn DirectX
- Students and Professionals in Multimedia and Design domain
- C++ and C# Professionals