Get into DevOps: The Masterclass
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to use the most popular DevOps tools, such as: Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes
You will learn all about DevOps concepts such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment
You will learn the fundamentals and differences between the most popular cloud platforms: AWS Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Openstack
- You will learn the basics of building, running and orchestrating Docker containers with Kubernetes, Rancher and AWS Elastic Container Service
- You will learn how to implement DevOps ways of working by improving Team Autonomy
- You will learn the key design principles for modern development & testing environments
- You will NOT need prior experience in DevOps
- You will NOT need to be a software engineer or a systems administrator
- To follow the hands-on tutorials, you will need a PC running Windows, Linux or Mac OS
- To follow the hands-on tutorials, you will be guided to create free user accounts on Github, Gitlab, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
From the author of Get into DevOps, the learning blog trusted by over 19,000 DevOps professionals every month:
Welcome to the only course on Udemy that teaches you all about the DevOps mindset, methodologies and practices, plus hands-on tutorials on 15 of the most popular DevOps tools on the market, such as Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and Amazon Web Services.
Get into DevOps: The Masterclass is for anyone looking to learn more about DevOps ways of working and how to use the most popular DevOps tools to build Continuous Delivery pipelines.
DevOps is one of the most sought-after set of skills in the job market right now, with tens of thousands of open roles globally. According to PayScale, the median DevOps salary in the U.S. is $90,361 per year. The best DevOps specialists on the market can name their price, and often earn more than $200,000 in a year. The best time to start learning DevOps was 5 years ago - the second best time is now!
The first part of this course teaches you the fundamental DevOps concepts such as Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and continuous improvement via frequent feedback loops. You will learn the key principles for designing modern testing environments, and how to improve delivery team throughput by improving team autonomy. We'll also discuss The DevOps Teacher model for building DevOps capability in software teams.
After you know why you should implement DevOps ways of working, you will learn the how - the second part of this course is about hands-on tutorials on DevOps tools. You will learn the basics of using 15 of the most popular DevOps tools to implement automation, Infrastructure as Code, and self-service interfaces on modern cloud platforms.
Note: The course is not designed to be an exhaustive reference guide to all these tools, but a crash course to enable you to quickly learn the fundamentals and identify the key differences between them.
This course covers the following hands-on examples:
Amazon Web Services
How to create a Virtual Machine on EC2
How to create an S3 bucket for hosting images
How to create a MySQL server with RDS (AWS Relational Database Service)
Google Cloud Platform
How to create a Virtual Machine on Google Compute Engine
How to use the Google Cloud Shell
How to create a Virtual Machine on Openstack Nova
How to create and associate a floating IP with Openstack Neutron
How to create a Security Group rule to allow SSH access to Virtual Machines
How to provision a Microsoft SQL Server installation on Azure
Containers & Container orchestration
How to create and run a Docker image for a Node.js application
How to run a Kubernetes cluster locally with Minikube
How to deploy a simple containerised application on Kubernetes
How to install Rancher on Google Cloud Platform
How to deploy a simple containerised application on Rancher
How to run an Elasticsearch cluster on top of Rancher
AWS EC2 Container Service (ECS)
How to create an ECS cluster and deploy a simple containerised application on it
Pipelines & Automation
How to create a Continuous Integration pipeline for building Docker images with Jenkins
How to create a Continuous Delivery pipeline for building, testing and deploying Docker images to Kubernetes
How to create a self-service dashboard for launching preconfigured virtual machines in AWS EC2
Configuration management & Infrastructure as Code
How to use Ansible to launch a virtual machine in AWS EC2, configure it to install Docker, and then deploy a Docker container on it
How to provision a Load Balancer (ALB) and two web servers in AWS with Terraform
How to run Chef Solo to configure application servers built with Terraform
How to use Puppet to configure Apache and PHP on a server built with Terraform
Join thousands of satisfied students and enroll now!
- This course is for anyone interested in DevOps
- This course is for anyone wanting to learn how to use DevOps tools
- This course is for anyone wanting to learn about and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery