User Experience (UX) Design For Engagement
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 12 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the psychology that applies to behavior when people use websites, apps or other technology products
Learn how to create a more engaging design using these psychology principles
Learn what really motivates people to take action
- You should have familiarity with websites, apps, and/or technology products.
OVER 7,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THIS COURSE
In this course you will learn how to design a user experience (UX) that is engaging. You'll learn about what motivates people to take action, and how to use this knowledge to design websites, apps, and products so that they are engaging and so people will take the action you want them to take.
This course is based on a semester-long course taught at the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point by the same instructor, Dr. Susan Weinschenk.
About This Course:
Over 7,000 students.
Unconditional 30 day money back guarantee.
All future upgrades and lectures are included for FREE.
You will learn about:
- The parts of the visual cortex that are sensitive to certain visual stimuli, and how that should inform your visual designs
- A special part of the brain that is sensitive to faces and how to use faces to grab attention
- How having a number in one place can affect how people respond later on
- How to use human factor loads to make a product more engaging
- Choice architecture
- Social validation
- How people process stories
- The impact of self-stories on behavior
- Which instincts grab attention
- What makes a product habit forming
- When to use rewards and when not to
- Why gamification often doesn't work
- How to stimulate the desire for mastery
- How to apply engagement principles to a re-design or to a new product
You have unlimited access to all the lessons 24 hours a day, for as long as you want or need them, so you can take the course at your own pace and go back to review any materials any time you want.
There are quizzes throughout the course to test your knowledge and exercises to practice what you are learning.
Click the button at the top right of this page now and get started right away. You don't want to delay learning how to create engaging products that people WANT to buy and use and that motivate them to action.
- User Experience Professionals, Product Managers, Product Designers, Web Designers
In this lesson we introduce the course and cover the research on grabbing visual attention.