Civil Engineering Courses by Hamid El Darwich:
All about RC Beams in ONE Course.
In the previous course, you have been introduced to the philosophy of Reinforced Concrete Design(it's a Free Course I am offering on Udemy). This course 'Design of Reinforced Concrete Beam' gives you detailed understanding, explanations and procedures for the design of RC Beams.
What to expect from this course:
After completion of this course, you are expected to be able to design: the two types of rectangular Beams (singly and doubly reinforced), and T-Beams. In addition, you will be able to design the shear reinforcement for beams.
What are exactly the points covered in this course:
This course focuses on the following concepts:
Students completing the course will have full understanding of the design of Rectangular and T- Beams. In addition, students will be able to design these beams given the service loads. Quizzes will be added on demand.
In this lecture, I have explained the meaning of single reinforcement and when it is encountered.
Design philosophy and example part 1 for the singly reinforced beams.
Design philosophy and example part 2 for the singly reinforced beams.
Design philosophy and example part 1 for the doubly reinforced beams.
Design philosophy and example part 2 for the doubly reinforced beams.
Explanations of types of cracks and how to resist them using reinforcement. Explanations of types of reinforcement and introducing the philosophy of shear design.
Check the link I have added for the types of cracks.
Explanations of types of cracks and how to resist them using
reinforcement. Explanations of types of reinforcement and introducing
the philosophy of shear design.
This short practice test will test you general understanding of the RC Beams Design.
My Other courses.
Hamid El Darwich is a Civil Engineer from the Lebanese American University.
- Placed on High Distinction list since 2013.
- Member of LAU Honor Society.
- Former Research Assistant (Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete).
- Civil Engineering Laboratory Assistant at Lebanese American University.
- Writer at We Are Not Numbers (WANN): Writing about Refugees in Lebanon
- Applying for a PhD in Mechanics, Materials, & Structures in the United States.
- Founder of Civil Engineering Philosophy channel where all of the revenues are devoted to charity
- Hamid teaches RC Design, Highway Design, Discrete Structure, Calculus, Critical Thinking, etc.
- Teaching over 2,500 students online
- Hamid's interests include bodybuilding, reading philosophical fiction books, writing, and gaming