This course is designed to provide a solid understanding of the OpenStack cloud. I have used my professional experience to make it easy for students to grasp the tough subject material by illustrating complex concepts.
This course is *NOT* a basic overview or a demo of the OpenStack cloud using the Horizon dashboard - We will get into the details of all the core OpenStack cloud services and understand in depth as to how things work. My goal is to prepare you to be a master in this subject and teach the necessary foundations to attain the COA certification, pass technical interviews and/or operate the OpenStack cloud.
I am also working to constantly update this course to include all the latest containerized and emerging technologies on OpenStack. If you need anything else added, do let me know after you have enrolled.
Students can take this course to,
a) Gain a new skill set and start a career in an emerging field.
b) Advance their current professional career by preparing for the Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA) exam or for job interviews.
c) Operate a production OpenStack cloud
Ensure you take the practice tests and quizzes in each section. If you have any questions or doubts, do reach out to us and we will strive to clarify them. You will not be disappointed in buying any of my courses - I will constantly update my courses to bring the current OpenStack cloud, networking and container technologies to you. If you find any relevant information missing, do let me know, and I will strive to update my course and include the details.
If you have completed my course material and all the tests and quizzes, and would like a professional recommendation, feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn and I will be happy to endorse your hard earned OpenStack cloud skills.
These are the topics you will be learning in this course.
1) Keystone deep dive will teach you the RBAC and identity model.
2) Neutron deep dive will teach you the software architecture of OpenStack networking, ML2, and building out a virtual network topology using the OpenStack CLI client.
3) Cinder deep dive will teach you about volumes, snapshots, backups, storage pools, creating and attaching volumes to instances.
4) Glance deep dive will provide a deep dive of images including how to create and add them.
5) Nova deep dive will teach you its capabilities, software architecture, message flows, flavors, keypairs and launching instances using the OpenStack CLI client.
6) Heat deep dive will teach you HOT, IaC, template anatomy, stacks and how to create and update stacks.
7) Swift deep dive will teach you its service features, objects, object URL, architecture and creating objects and containers.
8) Detailed explanations on provider and project networks with several production Neutron network topologies.
Stay tuned for additional updates..
Test your understanding of Keystone concepts.
Tests your understanding of Neutron networking
Test your knowledge of Heat
Test your understanding of Swift concepts
Understand Provider Networks in Neutron
Understand project networks in Neutron
Cloud (OpenStack, Docker, SDN and Kubernetes) Engineer, working hands-on, in the trenches, with the OpenStack cloud software since the Folsom release in 2012.
Expert knowledge in OpenStack, Docker Containers, Kubernetes and Networking.
An upstream core code contributor to the OpenStack Neutron ML2 mechanism driver project used in production by several customers.
Experienced in OpenStack architecture, software development, upstream contribution, Networking & SDN roll-outs and troubleshooting production operational issues.