Decoding AP Computer Science A
- Create Java programs
Ace the AP Computer Science test
- You should have knowledge of Basic Algebra.
Prepare for and ace the AP Computer Science exam!
Learn the basic concepts and functions of the Java programming language to create your own computer programs!
Learn more about computer science with a course with 115 lectures and over 10.5 hours of content FOR FREE!
- Java Development Kit Installation
- Types and Operators
- Methods and Wrapper Classes
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Classes, and Objects
- Loops and Conditionals
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Recursion and Sorting/Searching Algorithms
Suitable for beginning programmers, through this course of 115 lectures and over 10.5 hours of content, you’ll learn all of the Java fundamentals and establish a strong understanding of the concept behind object-oriented programming (OOP). Each chapter consists of exercises, putting your new learned skills into practical use immediately.
Starting with the installation of the Java Development Kit, this course will take you through Java variable types, operators, and how to use them. By creating classes and objects, you’ll a establish a strong understanding of OOP.
With these basics mastered, the course will take you through program flow control by teaching you how to use for loops, while loops, and conditional if-else statements to add complexity and functionality to your programs.
Students completing the course will have the knowledge to create functional and useful Java programs.
Complete with working files and code samples, you’ll be able to work alongside the author as you work through each concept, and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
- Decoding AP Computer Science A is a comprehensive course meant primarily for high school students looking for a free way to prepare for the AP Computer Science test.