What is the course about?
This course provides a thorough introduction to the C programming language which is the core of the UNIX/Linux operating system and other embedded systems.
The scope of a variable refers to the extent to which different parts of a program have access to the variable--in other words, where the variable is visible. When referring to C variables, the terms accessibility and visibility are used interchangeably. When speaking about scope, the term variable refers to all C data types: simple variables, arrays, structures, pointers, and so forth. It also refers to symbolic constants defined with the const keyword.
Scope also affects a variable's lifetime: how long the variable persists in memory, or when the variable's storage is allocated and deallocated. First, this chapter examines visibility.
Programming assignments and laboratory exercises are required to do by students. Please remember that this is a serious course on programming. I believe that programming language like C cannot be learned in few hours. It required continuous practice. Students may have to put a lot of efforts in order to become expert in programming and make the best use of this course.
What kind of material is included?
1. This course consists of high quality training content using quality videos with industry oriented hands-on examples.
2. I have tried to include the juice of my 10 years of Programming experience in this course.
3. The focus is on giving real life essential tricks and skills.
4. This course will have sets of online programming assignments and objective type quizzes.
5. I suggest students to take this course with pen and paper handy. Note the important points and take part in discussions. The exercise is the most important part in learning any language. I advise students to take the problems after each section.
How is the course structured?
1. A perfect blend of theory and programming.
Why take this course?
1. Learning C programming language is basic to learn all other programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc. Because, all other advanced programming languages were derived from C language concepts only.
2. This course will tends to replace text books on C programming ie it will be a complete reference of Variables (Scope External, Local and static Variables).
3. You will learn how programming languages work with data, what program flow is, and how to use Variables (Scope External, Local and static Variables).
4. You will also get step-by-step instructions on how to create simple and advance C programs and how to run them.
5. For the college going students, this course helps in improving grades in college curriculum and increases the chances at the final Campus Interview.
When referring to C variables, the terms accessibility and visibility are used interchangeably. When speaking about scope, the term variable refers to all C data types: simple variables, arrays, structures, pointers, and so forth. It also refers to symbolic constants defined with the const keyword.
In the C programming language, an external variable is a variable defined outside any function block. On the other hand, a local (automatic) variable is a variable defined inside a function block.
A local variable is a variable that is given local scope. Local variable references in the function or block in which it is declared override the same variable name in the larger scope.
Static objects are destroyed when the program stops running. Using the storage class register instead of auto is a hint to the compiler to cache the variable in a processor register.
External/global variables have file scope and static storage duration. static used in a block means that the variable lives beyond the duration of the block, and is initialized only once.
Register variables are a special case of automatic variables. Automatic variables are allocated storage in the memory of the computer; however, for most computers, accessing data in memory is considerably slower than processing in the CPU.
All the variables we have used thus far have been local variables. A local variable is a variable which is either a variable declared within the function or is an argument passed to a function. As you may have encountered in your programming, if we declare variables in a function then we can only use them within that function. This is a direct result of placing our declaration statements inside functions.
Storage Classes are used to describe about the features of a variable/function. These features basically include the scope, visibility and life-time which help us to trace the existence of a particular variable during the runtime of a program.
I am a co-author of various manuals, and has edited and reviewed more than a dozen other books. I wrote columns that provided keen insights into the little algorithmic nuggets that we use in our programs. My favorite books includes "Writing Efficient Programs", "More Programming Pearls" and "Programming Pearls". The best programmers not only continuously improved the quality of their work, they also influence other members of their team.
I learned about project management and team interaction working at various organisations. I still believe that humans are still at the beginning of the code revolution. Programmers and users are still imitating what came before, and haven’t even imagined all that could be in the future. One thing I am sure of is that code is a type of language, based on the same logic as Sanskrit, and for the first time in history, language can change the physical world. Programming is a literature.
I've always had a passion for teaching in seminars and corporations during my consulting projects. My online school eLearningMedium gives me the opportunity to share my knowledge with students of all backgrounds and experiences across the globe! I'm really excited for this opportunity to bring to you real-world practical experience!
I've plans of making some of the courses about Algorithms and Data Structures, Java, HTML5, Software Engineering and Software Project Management. I give all my heart into creation of courses. I always try to explain everything the easiest possible way. I'm sure that my courses will help you in the adventure.