Data modeling and Relational database design
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Process Models - Understand and develop business process models( data flow diagrams) through Oracle SQL modeler.
Logical Models - Easily understand and create Entity relationship Diagram through Oracle SQL Modeler
Relationship - One to Many, Many to Many, Recursive relationship
- Database Normalization with Examples - 1st, 2nd and 3rd form of Normalization
- Use Oracle SQL data modeler to effective creative Process models, Logical data models and Relational data model
- How to Use SQL data modeler tool to engineer Relational Data model and auto generate DDL scripts
- Work with design rules that can be applied to check and enforce the integrity
- SQL Data Modeler - The course provides details as how to use the tool
- Basic understanding of Database.
Modern database and applications development software is so easy to use that many people can quickly learn to implement a simple database and develop simple applications within a week or so, without giving design much thought. As data volume grows and when users request addition functionality, they might incorrectly add columns in table since appropriate database design is not available. This not only causes data redundancy in database but also can cause performance issue to application and database as well. Ultimately, due to poor database design, the business would be the loser.
A good database design not only avoids data redundancy but also improves database performance over period of time as the database volume grows and when business changes are requested , it would be far more easier to understand as where to make the appropriate changes in the Database. The data modelling and database design is like a building blue print and ultimately it would make application users happy and business would benefit.
This course uses the Oracle SQL Data modeler extensively to discuss and demonstrate Database modelling and Database design.
Oracle SQL Data modeler is a tool, which make learning Data modelling and Database design much easier and also provides you with a professional approach design database for business application effectively to plan, develop, implement and maintain them on an ongoing process.
In this course you would learn:
Develop a Data Flow Diagram by identifying processes, external agents, information stores and information flows that show how the information flows Business flow Diagram
Create an Entity Relationship Diagram by identifying entities, attributes, relationships.
Normalize the Entity Relationship Diagram to third Normal form
Validate Logical and Relational Model through Design rules
Engineer the Entity Relationship Model into an relational database design
Complete the Physical Model and generate the DDL scripts
Finally, at the end of the course, you would understand the importance of data modelling and database design.
- Computer science students who wants to learn data modeling and data base design
- System Analyst
- Database designers
- Application Developer
- Database administrator