Are you an IT professional and interested in exploring Hadoop? Just take this free course and you will understand how easy it is not only to explore but also to implement Proof of concepts. You need to have a PC or Mac with 8 GB of RAM to run the code examples. Also you need to be comfortable in writing basic SQL queries.
You will learn setting up Cloudera VM and use tools like Hadoop, Hive and Hue to convert raw data into useful insights. Also you will become familiar with basic Hive commands/queries to process the data. You will also be able to develop basic reports using Tableau Public and publish them to your network.
You need not get overwhelmed of number of tools and technologies that are being referred as part of Hadoop eco system.
No need to struggle command line while developing PoCs, validating data, testing the code etc.
You can be an Architect, Developer, Tester, Analyst, Project Manager or any other IT professional.
After this lecture students will understand the requirements for this session
This session will cover setting up environment on the laptop. We will be downloading vmware software, CDH5 VM, configuring VM and then we will see what is Cloudera Manager and Hue.
In this lecture we will learn how to upload data to Hadoop using Hue.
In this lecture we will develop query for the insights in raw data, execute it and validate the results.
Create another hive table to stage the processed data for download.
In this lecture you will see how to generate reports and dashboard using Tableau Public and publish
Technology geek and Data Evangelist with deep dive expertise in Big Data, Decision Support and operational based systems.
* Pursuing leadership positions in India (currently based in US with Green card)
* Big Data Myth Buster
* Professional trainer in Big Data eco system, Oracle and Goldengate
* Proficient in cloud platforms such as AWS, Softlayer, Azure etc
* Expertise in Data Science - Statistical Analysis and Machine Learning
* Solid data integration background (real time, near real time, micro batch and batch).
* Proven expertise in implementing high volume OLTP, DW, ODS, MDM, Hadoop based systems.
* Multiple certifications in all categories of Big Data eco system, Relational Databases, ETL and Reporting tools etc.
* Mentor for cross functional teams in technology at all levels.
* Expert performance tuning and ability to provide scalable solutions.
* Ability to provide short term tactical technology solutions and strategic technology road maps for given business problem.
* Liaison between technology, business and program management.
* Solid consulting, program management and leadership skills in technology domain.
* Deep understanding in Investment Banking and Energy domains
* Experienced in building and managing teams up to 25 IT professionals