Creative Writing Sample Lesson
- Produce an exciting piece of writing based on lots of details and development
Learn about the importance of character development
Learn about breaking down plot into easy-to-handle segments
- Learn how using a setting can bring all your story elements together
- A creative mind that's ready to produce lots of imaginative ideas
- 2-3 hours of free time to write
- A laptop, desktop computer or tablet on which to review course content
- A printer to print out worksheets, or suitable on-screen editing software to edit worksheets digitally
- Broadband connection of adequate speed to stream video lecture content
This sample writing lesson comes from best-selling novelist and short story writer K.C. Finn. Here K.C. shows you a brand new method for looking at Setting, Plot and Character which involves many short, simple activities that can make a huge difference to your writing.
Whether you're brand new to writing or just looking for a fresh perspective on story development, try this free sample session and enjoy creating a piece of writing that's rich, detailed and will really come to life in readers' hands.
This course will take you approximately three hours to complete and includes video lectures, downloadable content and external links to even more useful content. The course contains a preparation section, the main creative session involving many small, fun activities, an assignment section which focuses on a larger writing project and a final evaluation section to assess your progress.
- Those interested in exploring a new method for writing
- Those interested in sharpening their writing skills
- Those interested in starting to write for the first time
- Those looking for new story or style inspiration