Write Bestselling Characters - Create a successful novel.
- 43 mins on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the underlying archetypes that both people and characters represent. This is the actual blue print of what makes human beings real and characters realistic.
Develop the various roles that characters play within a story to make them believable.
Understand how to use contexts to define a character, differentiate them and make them truly unique from any other.
- Understand the underlying truth to reality that the ancients knew and the secret to what makes fictional characters real.
- Develop a character map or a blue print of personality and human relationships that all people conform to and how to use it to make your characters come to life.
- While I do make some suggestions for further reading the student needs nothing more than a desire to develop more realistic fictional characters to take this course.
Are you a writer struggling to develop fictional characters so real that people will pay money to read about them? Then there is a little secret you need to know to develop detailed and realistic characters over and over again.
Do you spend hours writing and rewriting your characters only to be embarrassed when you let someone read your work? Let’s face it. Characters who are as emotionally moving as a department store mannequin are embarrassing for the writer, boring for the reader and spell financial suicide for any literary career you may hope for.
Quite simply, if you can’t develop realistic characters you will have no literary career. Period.
Now, you may not realize it yet, but there’s a happy ending to this story. Your story.
Because, if you are sick and tired of struggling to develop realistic characters, you don't have to be. In less than an hour you can discover a simple solution to developing characters that are so interesting people will pay money to read about them.
But, before I continue, let me introduce myself.
Hi, I'm Jim. I'm a writer like you and owner of e-novel-advisor, a website designed just for novelists like you where you'll find a wide variety of articles on how to write a novel as well as how to publish and market it online.
I've got Bachelor's degrees in English and history and, because writing is a business, I've also got an MBA. But the real value I bring to the table is that I've got real world experience.
For 20 years I've worked in education as well as a journalist and translator while writing fiction in the nooks and crannies of my busy day. I understand the struggles writers deal with and I teach you to overcome those obstacles so that you can be the writer you truly want to be.
I know how frustrating it is writing draft after draft after draft to make characters believable. But the problem is not about your number of rewrites it is about the very foundation those drafts are built upon. It's like building a house on a sand dune. Until you stabilize your foundation you will never succeed.
Characters, interesting characters, are the reason, the only reason people buy novels. Even if a novel is plot driven would James Bond be interesting if he didn't have a personality?
But, Don’t Take My Word For It. Just Listen To A Couple Of Nobel Prize Winners.
“When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters." Said Ernest Hemingway. "A character is a caricature.”
And William Faulkner agreed.
“It begins with a character, usually, and once he stands up on his feet and begins to move, all I can do is trot along behind him with a paper and pencil trying to keep up long enough to put down what he says and does.”
But, it's more than just Nobel Laureates saying this.
“The only characters I ever don't like are ones that leave no impression on me. And I don't write characters that leave no impression on me.” Says Lauren DeStefano author of the Chemical Garden series.
So how, exactly, do you go about writing characters who leave an impression? Well, according to Scottish writer Samuel Smiles. “Sow a thought, and you reap an act; sow an act, and you reap a habit; sow a habit, and you reap a character; sow a character, and you reap a destiny.”
OK, that makes sense. But what exactly does it mean and, more importantly, how do you, as a writer go about doing it?
Well that's where a simple, but little known, device called a Character Map comes in.
A character map is a device that allows you to organize your thoughts and both break down a character into his or her most fundamental components and build him or her up into a character readers remember long after the last page.
A character map is simple, but it's deceptively simple and, unless you understand how to use it, it's about as useful as a laundry list.
And that's where the course Create Fictional Characters People Will Pay Money To Read, Using A Character Map To Make Life Like Characters comes in.
Who Is The Target Audience?
A lot of courses advertise hours and hours of content when, in actuality, it is really just hours and hours of fluff that prevents you from getting to the content you need. This course is for writers who want to learn how to create realistic characters that people will pay money to read about.
- Any writer who wants to develop and portray realistic characters he or she is proud of.
- Any writer who longs to write characters so interesting that readers will remember them long after the last page.
- Any writer who longs to have a paying literary career.
To that end this course is short and to the point. I teach you what you need to know and how to implement it in a repeatable process so that you can get on with your life and your writing.
Let's face it, you can't pour a bucket into a tea cup. Long courses that teach you everything under the sun about a specific topic usually go unfinished and, more importantly, unimplemented in the student's life. This is because the student is overwhelmed. Ever felt that way? Well, in my courses I don't give you an elephant and tell you how to eat it. In my courses I break down the elephant into bit sized chunks so that you actually can eat (and more importantly, digest) it.
What Am I Going To Get From This Course?
In 18 succinct lectures broken into 6 sections you get:
- The character map structure this course provides gives you a tool to organize your characters habits as well as mental and physical characteristics. But, it's more than just an organizational tool, it is a device with which to actively think about and develop your character in depth.
- And, because this course gives you the secret key to understanding how to use a character map, you will be able to use it to create, not characters as Hemingway complained, but real people.
- And, because developing a character map is a repeatable process, this means that you will have the key to developing detailed, life like characters over and over again so that people will buy your books and you can actually have that literary career you've always dreamed of.
And you get all this for a mere $97.
But, that's not all.
Because different people learn differently from each other you will get an audio copy as well as a copy of the transcript in the bonus materials section.
You will also get an overview of the fundamental blueprint that makes each person (and each fictional character) different from another.
And, finally you will have access to e-novel-advisor a website designed just for novelists just like you where you’ll find a wide variety of articles on how to write a novel as well as how to publish and market it online. Here you’ll also have access to a community of writers from all over the world who are dealing with the same things you are and who can support you in your day to day struggles.
And, don’t forget, if you are not completely satisfied you have a 30 day money back guarantee.
Just Return It, No Questions Asked.
So, buy how to Create Fictional Characters People Will Pay Money To Read, Using A Character Map To Make Life Like Characters and get on with your writing.
While the price is only $97 this is an introductory offer while I build my presence on Udemy. There's been a lot of work that has gone into this course and 20 years worth of learning and I don't intend to keep it this low for long.
Imagine how confident you will be when you show people your writing and they are actually interested, so interested they will even pay to keep reading.
So, come on, what are you waiting for? Buy Create Fictional Characters People Will Pay Money To Read, Using A Character Map To Make Life Like Characters and get on with your writing.
- If you are a novice writer who is struggling to develop realistic characters this course of for you.
- If you are frustrated or embarrassed by the lack of originality or believability in your characters this course of for you.
- If you want to develop more realistic and fully human fictional characters this course if for you.
Each Human Being has a blueprint, so should your characters