Create your own Master Template Today
- Now is your chance to take action to create your own Master Template in Reason. And not just any template btw, your grand master template. A template to rule them all. A template that you can use for all your future music projects.
Special Bonus Gift
- After you finished this class I have a special bonus gift for you. I will share with you, my own grand master template for Reason, completely for free. You can use it as inspiration when you create your own master template, as a guide to see how everything is set up, or even use it as it is, to make your music with, if it suits your personal workflow.
Get Ready to Level Up in Reason
- You will learn my Top Tips, Tricks and even Secrets from my experience as a Music Composer and Sound Designer since 1998, and running my own business since 2004. I have condensed all my years of experience into a compact learning experience for you. Basically, this is your shortcut to Kickstart your Music Career.
Examples of things you will Learn
- Don't wait for a better time, because time always runs out in the end. Invest in yourself today, and thank yourself tomorrow. So enroll now! =)
Mikael "Mike" Baggström
Music Composer | Sound Designer
Welcome to the course, where you will learn how to create your own Master DAW Template in Propellerhead Reason.
Channel Groups are used both to speed up your mixing process, and to improve your workflow when recording and arranging your music. For example, let's say you create a channel group for the drums.
After I have set up all channel groups, I want to create and route all send effects. Propellerhead Reason has 8 channel sends you can use in the mixer. I use 7 of them in my template, and save one in case I want to add a special send effect on a certain project. There are basically 2 main types of send effects I use: Reverb and Delay.
It is important to have a clear overview of your project as you work on making your amazing music. I am a huge fan of keeping things organized and structured, because it will help you compose and produce music much faster and more efficient.
Having a well organized rack and mixer channels in Reason is often overlooked, but in my experience it actually saves you time since you will be able work more efficiently.
Alright, so I've seen many projects that kind of look like a disaster zone. Tracks all over the place with non descriptive names like: temp03, and audio track 14. Since I am a fan of good structure and clean and clear layout, this makes me crazy. That's why I really recommend you to give all your tracks a descriptive name, preferably short so you can easily recognize it super fast in the mixer, as well as your rack and sequencer.
The purpose of a master DAW template is to be able to start any new track, in any style or genre of music. This is the reason I use the POS model for the group channels etc. It is also the reason why I don't want to add a lot of specific style instruments to the Master template.
Sidechain compression has become a staple in modern music production. It can be used for every single style of music, so I find it very important to set it up in my master template. And you should too.
The purpose of mastering music is to add that final Polish to the overall sound to make it into a professional production that can be played on the radio and other commercial use. Mastering is a huge and complicated field, but there are actually great plug-ins today that makes it possible for people like you and me to master the music we make ourselves.
Now I have a gift for you, since you completed the full class. I have attached my own Grand Master Template to this lecture. I want you to use it to guide you, so that you can use all the knowledge, methods and tips you gained from this class. So, take action my friend. Because taking another step, is the only way to move forward.
Hey Friends! =)
- My name is Mike, and I am a Professional Music Composer and Sound Designer from Sweden, with experience of Making Music since 1998.
I have run my own Media Production Business since 2004, which means Music/Sound/Video/Graphic Production. I also have a True Passion to teach, share and inspire creative people like you to master your creative skills, develop a successful strategy, and create your amazing future.
I believe that learning should be fun, and I love to bring my personality into my teaching style. I also try to make my courses dynamic, to be more interesting to you. So I mix it up by changing lecture forms etc.