Zoom Conferencing: Simple Techniques for Better Video Calls
What you'll learn
- Learn how to set up your video conference call so you look great every time.
- Learn about eye contact and body language on camera that translate into true professionalism.
- Nail your video job interviews.
- Learn screenshare tips like how to "pause" your screen or remove the "sharing" bar.
- Learn how to set up a Zoom account, the limitations of a free account or upgrade to pro.
- Learn how to change or blur your video background.
- Learn how to record and access your calls for later usage.
- You need a laptop or smartphone with a camera (or external camera).
Whether you've been using video for years or have only just signed up, there are actually a number of ways to be better at video conferencing.
*Although this course features the ZOOM platform, the body language / lighting techniques and sound etiquette can be applied to any platform.*
This course will take you from looking like an uninterested, detached amateur to a professional, fully engaged participant and presenter. This course is less than one hour, meaning you can implement the lessons learned towards your next video call - immediately.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
This course covers all the tips and tricks to get the most out of your next Zoom meeting. We'll cover how to
Fake eye contact to deepen connections with colleagues, clients, or students
Blur or add a virtual background
Present your most professional side
Test video and sound quality before the start of the call
Achieve the best angles and lighting for video calls
Mute distracting participants
Share your screen
Explore hidden features like "pause screen share"
Avoid "Zoom fatigue"
THIS COURSE IS IDEAL FOR:
Freelancers who work remotely with clients
Employees who are currently working from home
Teachers who are leading remote learning environments
People who are interviewing for new jobs online
WHAT THIS COURSE DOES NOT COVER
Although topics on body language, eye contact, optimal lighting / background etc. can be applied to any video platform, we do not specifically cover the creation of Skype, WebEx, Google Meet, or Facetime platforms.
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR
I'm Erin, I've been a remote freelancer since 2012 and have grown my business to high 5-figures by engaging with my clients via video. Video conferencing can deepen connections, help make remote work feel less "lonely," and land new business - but only if it's done correctly. Bad sound, lighting, or misusing the mute button can break a call. I created this course to help you put your best foot forward and look your most professional self.
Who this course is for:
- People who work remotely
- People who work from home
- People are transitioning from office jobs to working from home
- Teachers leading online classes
- People who are interviewing for jobs via video
As a VA and virtual assistant mentor, I have the experience and knowledge to help you grow your business and succeed in the field. I escaped the corporate office in 2012 and have been working from anywhere, with clients who make me excited to get up every day.
I've also helped over 40,000 students grow their own virtual assistance businesses, and my goal as your coach is to help you find the clarity and confidence you need to build the business of your dreams in half the time.