Intro to the Zentangle® Method
What you'll learn
- Learn the step-by-step meditative drawing method
- This course uses basic tangles taught in many beginner courses by fellow CZTs.
- The concepts of aura-ing, drawing behind and shading are covered in this course.
- There is a bonus holiday course and a course using tangles as strings included with this intro class.
- If you can sign your name you can tangle!
- This is a basic introductory course. No previous tangling experience necessary.
Explore this meditative drawing method with Michelle Aalbers, CZT. This class is designed for beginners and for kids of all ages. It fulfills the prerequisite for the other Zentangle Workshops with Jai Dee.
The Zentangle Method, developed by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create amazing drawings by assembling simple elements into complex structures of great beauty. Come be inspired learning with a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT) who is excited to help you create beautiful drawings you never thought possible.
Gather your art supplies:
Paper – Ideally blank watercolor paper but really anything will work as long as you have pens, pencils, crayons or something that will show up on the paper you are using.
Graphite or colored pencils – if you’d like to do shading make sure you have pencils and a cotton swab handy.
For this class we will use one 3.5" official Zentangle white tile, a Pigma Micron 01 black pen, a General’s graphite pencil, and a tortillion.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to calm the mind and tap into creativity.
- Students new to the Zentangle Method
Michelle Aalbers, owner of Jai Dee in Osseo, Minnesota, is a Registered Thai Therapist (RTT), Reiki Master, yoga teacher (CYT 500), and a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT). She is committed to helping people go within to find their own healing for their highest potential. Michelle has a passion for learning and helping others which has led her to complementary studies such as Thai herbal compress, foot reflexology, Chi Nei Tsang, tarot reading, restorative yoga and aromatherapy. She strives to provide sessions and classes that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of her clients. Offerings are a sharing of energies and healing from a loving place with the highest intentions.