Zend Framework 2: Learn the PHP framework ZF2 from scratch
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 27 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the theory of Zend Framework 2 in details
- Develop professional applications in Zend Framework 2
- Implement an enterprise-ready architecture in Zend Framework 2
- Proficiently work with databases in Zend Framework 2
- Implement login systems in Zend Framework 2
This lecture introduces the basics of Zend Framework 2 at a high level, and discusses the advantages of using this framework.
This lecture discusses the concept of controller plugins, and briefly walks through the various controller plugins that are shipped with Zend Framework 2. At the end of this lecture, you should understand the concept of controller plugins and have an overview of which controller plugins are at your disposal.
This lecture shows how to install Zend Framework 2 using Composer, including setting up a virtual host for the Apache web server. You should have a high level understand of how to install and set up Zend Framework 2, and should quite easily be able to adapt this to other platforms.
This lecture discusses the structure of the newly installed ZF2 application. After finishing this lecture, you should understand the project structure of Zend Framework 2.
In this lecture, the concept of a service layer is introduced, and a service layer is added to the application. After finishing this lecture, you should understand the advantages of implementing a service layer, as well as be able to implement a service layer within a Zend Framework 2 application.
This lecture discusses how to implement the ACID principle that is used in computer science, within Zend Framework 2. It takes a closer look at using transactions and shows an example of how to implement this in a repository. After watching this lecture, you should understand the advantages of using database transactions, and should be able to implement this in Zend Framework 2.
This lecture adds functionality that saves users to the database and encrypts passwords by using the Bcrypt encryption algorithm. After completing this lecture, you should understand how to encrypt passwords with Zend Framework 2 and should understand the main advantages of the Bcrypt algorithm.
- You should be familiar with object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Being familiar with PHP is a bonus, but not a strict requirement
Do you want to learn the PHP framework, Zend Framework 2, from scratch and become a professional in no time? Then this course is an excellent starting point for you to quickly learn the basics of Zend Framework 2 and to put your knowledge to work in just a few hours! This is your chance to harvest the knowledge that I have personally obtained through working with Zend Framework and other PHP frameworks for years. I am making all of this information available in an easy to understand language that you will understand even if you are not a professional PHP developer. Zend Framework is a popular PHP framework and will be an excellent addition to your CV - even if you are already familiar with other PHP frameworks such as Laravel, CakePHP, Symfony, Codeigniter, Yii Framework, Nette Framework, Phalcon, etc.
The course begins by explaining all of the essential theory that you will need to develop great PHP applications with Zend Framework 2, before putting it to use when implementing a blogging application step by step. You will learn how to work with databases, forms, input filters, users and more in this course, and we start at the beginning! No experience or knowledge of Zend Framework or any other PHP frameworks is required. Even if you have experience with other PHP frameworks, you will still benefit a lot from this course, and you will have a head start because Zend Framework is built on top of the MVC design pattern or framework. It is, however, not a requirement at all, just as no experience with PHP is required.
So, join me in this course and learn to build professional PHP applications with Zend Framework 2 today!
- This course is intended for people who either want to learn Zend Framework 2 and have no prior experience with this framework, or people who have basic experience with Zend Framework 2.
- This course does not cover all of the details of Zend Framework 2, but covers the basics in details. If you are looking to become a Zend Framework professional, then this course is an excellent starting point, but the course is also highly useful for casual web developers who just want to learn the framework for their own personal use.