Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install and configure your own Zabbix server with the required database and web frontend
- Quick start by setting up an item, a trigger, and an action to get a minimal working setup
- Automatically monitor servers in your network by managing hosts and using automatic host discovery
- Add items to hosts for gathering information about the servers' states. Use templates to avoid repetitive tasks
- Learn how to zoom and pan data in the interactive graph viewer by accessing the history of monitored items
- Add personalized items by creating user parameters if Zabbix lacks the required functionality
- Manage triggers to identify a problem in your infrastructure. Add trigger dependencies to avoid redundant alerts
- Set up specific actions to provide alerts to the required contacts or automatically try to fix the issue
- Manage users and user groups to assign fine-grained control to the people that use and manage your Zabbix installation
- Set up screens and maps to visualize the state of your network and keep track of complex infrastructures
- Additional use of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Ruby can extend Zabbix's functionality for monitoring your own custom services.
- A practical video course with step-by-step instructions and an example-driven approach for setting up and monitoring your network using Zabbix.
"Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials" is an extensive video course that gives a complete introduction into the key features of the enterprise-grade Zabbix monitoring software. Learn how to set up your own monitoring server and leverage many useful features that are hidden in the documentation. The course starts by showing you a fresh installation of the Zabbix server. All relevant functionality will be explained step by step while going through the web interface.
First you'll learn how to gather information from your servers by using the Zabbix agent. You'll then make use of triggers to define which conditions depict actual problems and should raise an alert. Additionally you'll learn how to visualize the items and triggers in screens and maps.
By the end of the course you will have set up and learnt to manage a Zabbix server like a pro.
About the Author
Christoph Haas is a system administrator and web application developer with 17 years of experience in this field. He received a diploma in Computer Science and is currently leading the IT department of a software company in Hamburg, Germany. In his spare time he contributes to the open source community as a Debian developer or by working on websites that he is currently refactoring in Ruby on Rails. Some of the most noticeable contributions are the mail server tutorials he maintains on his website
- If you're a professional system and network administrator who is responsible for the reliable operation of an IT network then this video course is for you. All you need to know is how to manage Linux systems and network services.
Installing Zabbix on a server requires a few steps. Use the software appliance to get a working Zabbix system in just minutes.
To gather information about system parameters, you need to add items first.
Cloning hosts copies the attached entities. Use templates instead to avoid repetition.
Triggers do not send out messages to system administrators. Add an action to make Zabbix alert you.