Zabbix 6 Application and Network Monitoring
What you'll learn
- Installation and Configuration of Zabbix Server, Agents and Proxies on PC, Linux and MacOS
- Create Auto Registration and Network Discovery Rules to Auto Add and Configure Discovered Hosts, Network Devices and Applications
- Setup LLD Discovery Rules and Actions to Auto Configure SNMP Devices into specific Groups and Assign Templates
- Understand Active Versus Passive Items
- Construct a Reusable PCI DSS Monitoring Template for all hosts
- Configuring Domain name and SSL for Zabbix Server
- Install and Configure a Send Only SMTP server for emails
- Media Type Configuration for customised Email, Slack and Telegram notifications
- Advanced Items and Triggers on PC, Linux and MacOS
- Create Standalone and Template Screens
- Creating a Graphical Network Map of All Hosts Indicating Status
- Creating Template Items for Assigning to Multiple Hosts
- Item Cloning to produce a PCI DSS Template
- Web Monitoring from Different Geographical Locations for HTTP Status Codes and Response Speeds
- Create A Custom LLD Rule From The Ground Up For Service Discovery Including Item and Trigger Prototypes
- Create a LLD Graph Prototype from a File System Discovery Rule and Add it to a Template Screen
- Create a LLD Trigger Prototype that Triggers Within a Range
- Configure PSK Encryption between Zabbix Server, Agents and Proxies
- Configure Trigger Ok Event Generation to Minimise Alert Flapping
- Execute remote commands on Windows and Linux
- Monitor SSL Certificate Expiry
- Log File Monitoring Nginx Proxy HTTP Status Codes
- Run Docker Commands with Administration Scripts
- Execute Powershell Scripts to Check Windows Updates
- Calculated Items
- Dependent Items
- JSON API Monitoring with the HTTP Agent Item
- Zabbix Sender and Trapper, with Many Examples
- Setup Grafana with the MySQL and Zabbix Datasources
- Setup MySQL Monitoring
- Setup SNMP Hosts and query using OIDs and MIBs
- Setup SNMP Traps
- Prometheus Node Exporter Introduction, Installing as a Service and Host Configuration
- Setup LLD Discovery and Actions to Auto Configure Prometheus Node Exporters
- Zabbix API Introduction with Examples, Python Script, User Permissions and Testing Tool
- All Videos in one place, and with no Ads
- You will need access to several PCs and/or locally hosted or cloud hosted VMs and/or Rasberry PIs. In this course I demonstrate various features using Windows 10, Ubuntu, Rasberry Pi and MacOSX
- You have the choice of using dedicated hardware, or using cloud or locally hosted VM managers such as Oracle Virtual Box. The more variation you can access, the better. Zabbix agents will run on most OSs, but Zabbix Server and Proxy will need Linux such as Ubuntu or CentOS
- In this course I predominantly demonstrate using Ubuntu Linux, but also provide CentOS equivalent commands in accompanying documentation where applicable.
Hello, and welcome to my course on Zabbix,
Zabbix is a complete open source monitoring software solution for networks, operating systems and applications.
In this course you will install and extensively configure Zabbix Server, Zabbix Proxy, multiple Zabbix Agents on Windows, Linux and MacOS whether on the same network, behind a firewall, on dedicated hardware locally and cloud hosted.
We will also look at,
active an passive checks,
host items, triggers, graphs, and dashboards,
understanding Zabbix health,
alerting with email, Telegram and Slack,
creating our own templates.
creating a network map,
reading windows event logs,
discovery rule protypes,
JSON API and HTTP monitoring
executing remote bat, PowerShell, sh and python scripts,
Zabbix get and sender,
Creating custom LLD discovery rules from the ground up,
SMNP agent monitoring and trapper using OIDs and MIBs
Prometheus node exporter monitoring,
Auto registration and discovery
and much more.
Zabbix can be used in the enterprise or even on you own home network where you can have much better visibility of the things connected and running on it and how they are used.
Thanks for taking part in my course, and let's get started.
Who this course is for:
- Network Engineers
- IT Platform Specialists
- System Administrators
- DevOps Technicians
- Enthusiasts wanting a better understanding and better visibility of their networks in the home or office
- Someone who is curious and wants a better understanding of what Zabbix does and what Zabbix is good at
Hello, I'm Sean.
For over 20 years I have been an IT engineer building and managing real time, low latency, high availability, asynchronous, multi threaded, remotely managed, fully automated, monitored solutions in the education, aeronautical, banking, drone, gaming and telecommunications industries.
I have also created and written hundreds of Open Source GitHub Repositories, Medium Articles and YouTube video tutorials.