Complete Youth Job Readiness Training
- Students should be prepared to download several templates in MicroSoft word format.
What is the bottom line for most adults? The objective should be to find and maintain gainful employment. This course will provide the employability skills to obtain and retain employment. The most difficult population to obtain employment is youth ages 16 - 24 as well as individuals who have been out of the workforce for a long period of time. This course is designed for those new to the workforce or those returning to the workforce.
Students will have the tools necessary to develop an aggressive job search, produce an impressive employment package which will include a cover letter, resume, list of references and more. Students will also learn valuable interview techniques including phone interviews and effective follow up practices. The last section of the course will help students develop outstanding professionalism and employability skills that will make them dependable and valued employees.
Taking this course will help Job seekers identify some of the typical employment barriers and effective ways to overcome them. By using detailed class instruction by way of lectures, videos, graphic presentations, quizzes and interactive activities, this course is both engaging and informative. Students will leave this course with some valuable soft skills that they will be able to apply immediately and will be able to use throughout their working careers.
The course will also include downloadable documents and templates as well as correspondences from the instructor. This relatively short course can be completed within 8 hours and will culminate with an employment development certification that will be signed by the instructor for students who have successfully completed.
- This Employment Development Course is ideal for those new to the workforce or those who have been out of the workforce for a long period of time. The work environment has changed and this course will prepare those who are new or returning job seekers.
- Understanding the current job market. Identifying the challenges and barriers.
- Warm up excercise
- Warm-up excercise answers
- Job search search strategies.
- Having a Healthy Competitvie Spirit
- How employers evaluate applicants.
- Section 1 Quiz Understanding the current Job market
- The Application Process
- Creating an employment package
- Following up after applying for the Job
- Applying for the job
- Internalize your resume
- The power of presence
- The Job Interview reminders
- Interview questions
- Questions to ask employers
- Making an impact
- Getting the Job you applied for.
- Employment Success Standards
- Qualities of a Successfull Employee
- Workplace Ethics
- Workplace Ethics & Behavior
- Maintaining Employment
Deon D. Price is a Youth Life skills Coach and Author with over twenty years of experience as a Youth Service Worker as well as a Youth Employment Development specialist. He has dedicated most of his adult life to the field of youth and community service. Through his organization This Youth Generation, he has delivered motivational talks and workshops to parents, educators as well as students throughout California. His brand of motivational comedy is delivered with both humor and professional precision.
As a columnist, he has written weekly and monthly articles on the subject of modern youth culture in print and on-line. His Bi-weekly column “This Youth Generation” reaches several hundred thousand readers and has run in several publications including the Fairfield Daily Republic, The Oakland Post, The L.A. Sentinel and the New York Times. He is also the author of the book, “Raised In Hell”, a non-fiction family dramedy about the humor and hardship of a dysfunction upbringing. He is the hosts of the on-line web show entitled “This Youth Generation”.
Deon received the 2010 “I am greatness” spotlight award for motivational speakers. He also has appeared as a guest on local Radio & T.V. programs to offer his unique perspective on issues regarding this generation of youth.
For speaking engagements or to schedule a presentation, he can be reached via e-mail at Thisyouthgeneration@gmail.com