Communication: The Ultimate Guide to Questioning & Listening
What you'll learn
- Answer - "what is questioning?"
- Understands and can apply what questions can do
- Unpick why we ask questions
- Examine what active listening is
- Undertake an active listening exercise
- Appreciate the role of body language
- Recognise the main body language cues and signs as they relate to questions & answers
- Use, understand and appreciate 12 question types
- recognise, appreciate and use 12 different types of questions - including; the pros and cons, examples and interpersonal implications
- Appreciate and respond appropriately to possible question responses
- Appreciate the role of emotional intelligence
- Download a series of 'Top Ten Questions'
- Some method of jotting down thoughts, notes and quiz answers
- The 8th question type video (Socratic) has a supporting document
In this course you will learn, examine and be able to apply; what questions are, what they can do and why we ask them. As well as examining and practicing active listening and common body language cues. In additional you will be able to recognise and respond to both positive and negative question responses.
**UPDATED OCTOBER 2015**
- This Ultimate guide to questioning and listening will give you all the skills, tools and techniques you need to become a phenomenal interpersonal communicator...today!
- Learn what questions are and why we ask them
- Appreciate the importance of recognising and responding to what is not said
- Understand and practice active listening
- Understand and be conscious of body language cues -both yours and the responder(s)
- Examine and be able to apply 12 common question types
- Appreciate and be able to communicate with people exhibiting a variety of question responses - both positive and negative
- Download a series of 'Top Ten Question' lists
There is a reason questions are referred to as 'The Swiss Army Knife of Language' - They have the power to enable you to become an unrivalled communicator.
Content & Overview
Suitable for all levels, this course contains; 21 videos, quizzes, activities and supporting documents.
I will take you through all stages of questioning and responding from the basics of what it is though active listening and body language, the 12 main question types and finally possible responses.
All this will enable you to understand verbal interactions at a higher level, interact better with those around you and become an outstanding interpersonal communicator.
Think about it - how many questions do you ask each day? ....So what could you do if all of those questions were more productive, better constructed and response driven? The possibilities are endless!
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for anyone who has to ask questions both in their personal and workplace life.
- If you want to know more about; the power of questions, why we ask them, how we should listen, the body language (conscious or unconscious) then this course is for you!
Hi and welcome,
So, you may be asking yourself "why should I choose a course designed and delivered by Sarah?" and its obviously a very good question. After all, we all work hard to earn money and you need to be confident that my courses will give you the very best Return on Investment (both in terms of financial commitment and time).
I have taken my 22 years experience from; the public, private and tertiary sectors, university lecturing, working for the police, fire and councils, being a Fellow of The Institute of Leadership & Management and writing several high download ebooks and converted this into high quality, information rich courses.
This creates a ecourse which is comprehensive, easy to 'break down' and jargon free which ensures you get the best experience possible.
I am also available to answer any questions you may have - remember the only silly question is the one you don't ask!
So, I really hope you enjoy my deliveries as much as I have enjoyed designing and writing them :-)
Best wishes Sarah