Communication: The Ultimate Guide to Questioning & Listening
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Answer - "what is questioning?"
- Understands and can apply what questions can do
- Unpick why we ask questions
- Examine what active listening is
- Undertake an active listening exercise
- Appreciate the role of body language
- Recognise the main body language cues and signs as they relate to questions & answers
- Use, understand and appreciate 12 question types
- recognise, appreciate and use 12 different types of questions - including; the pros and cons, examples and interpersonal implications
- Appreciate and respond appropriately to possible question responses
- Appreciate the role of emotional intelligence
- Download a series of 'Top Ten Questions'
- Some method of jotting down thoughts, notes and quiz answers
- The 8th question type video (Socratic) has a supporting document
In this course you will learn, examine and be able to apply; what questions are, what they can do and why we ask them. As well as examining and practicing active listening and common body language cues. In additional you will be able to recognise and respond to both positive and negative question responses.
**UPDATED OCTOBER 2015**
- This Ultimate guide to questioning and listening will give you all the skills, tools and techniques you need to become a phenomenal interpersonal communicator...today!
- Learn what questions are and why we ask them
- Appreciate the importance of recognising and responding to what is not said
- Understand and practice active listening
- Understand and be conscious of body language cues -both yours and the responder(s)
- Examine and be able to apply 12 common question types
- Appreciate and be able to communicate with people exhibiting a variety of question responses - both positive and negative
- Download a series of 'Top Ten Question' lists
There is a reason questions are referred to as 'The Swiss Army Knife of Language' - They have the power to enable you to become an unrivalled communicator.
Content & Overview
Suitable for all levels, this course contains; 21 videos, quizzes, activities and supporting documents.
I will take you through all stages of questioning and responding from the basics of what it is though active listening and body language, the 12 main question types and finally possible responses.
All this will enable you to understand verbal interactions at a higher level, interact better with those around you and become an outstanding interpersonal communicator.
Think about it - how many questions do you ask each day? ....So what could you do if all of those questions were more productive, better constructed and response driven? The possibilities are endless!
- This course is suitable for anyone who has to ask questions both in their personal and workplace life.
- If you want to know more about; the power of questions, why we ask them, how we should listen, the body language (conscious or unconscious) then this course is for you!
After this section you will be able to understand what questioning is and have looked at two questioning quotes. You will also appreciate why this video uses a Swiss Knife image
Common thinking suggests that questions provide an answer to something we have asked. But it is not always this easy.
So in this video we will look at the 7 main things that questions can do - both positive and negative.
In this video we will examine what active listening is and how important it is in communicating with others,
We will also understand why we may not listen (consciously or unconsciously) and introduce how much of our understanding is gleaned from words, body langugae and speech qualities.
body language is described as ..."the conscious and unconscious movements and postures by which attitudes and feelings are communicated".
After this video you will be mindful and more able to interpret the boys language signs that use; the head, face, hands, eyes, mouth, arms and general posture.
Having looked at the role of; active listening, body language and question types, his video will examine and give examples of the 8 main responses people shown when asked a question. By knowing how someone may respond you can tailor your questions and response in order to get the optimum outcome.