Find Time for NaNoWriMo
- Interest in NaNoWriMo
- Interest in writing a novel over 30 days
- The ability to write fluently
Every year, thousands of people 'win' NaNoWriMo. In other words, they manage to write 50,000 words in 30 days during the month of November. What's their secret? How do they write a book so quickly? Are they crazy? The answers to those questions are: you're about to find out, they break it into small steps, and yes, possibly. If you'd like a guide to winning at NaNoWriMo, from a published novelist, you're in the right place. I've deliberately kept this course short because if you're doing NaNoWriMo, you'll want to get going as quickly as possible. Please note, this course is unofficial and not affiliated to NaNoWriMo. Want to find the time for NaNoWriMo? I'll see you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to take part in National Novel Writing Month
- 00:32Welcome to Find Time for NaNoWriMo
- 00:51You don't need a course on NaNoWriMo
- 02:53Reasons NOT to do NaNoWriMo
- 00:48What is NaNoWriMo and How to Get Started
- 00:30What we're going to cover
I've published two novels with Headline Review,The Water’s Edge and The Haven Home for Delinquent Girls , and I've been teaching for 25 years. I've also published a book on time management, a short story collection and several writing guides. I help creative people find time to write amongst the hectic-ness of everyday life.