What you'll learn
- Perspectives on what it takes to live a satisfying, well-balanced, and happy life
- Key elements of major personality theories that relate to your well-being
Simply put, your personality is the choices you make. All major theories of personality identify what it takes to make choices that will create a happy and satisfying life, but each does it from a different perspective. These videos have been culled from ones used in a Personality course that I taught for nearly 30 years, and describe those theoretical approaches to understanding the choices you make. Find the one that grabs you, and put it to use improving your life, your work, and your relationships.
For those who'd like to take a more rigorous look at the science of personality, the first few sections of the course explain how research in personality is done and some of the issues that come up when doing that research.
Who this course is for:
- Those who are looking for ways to create a happier, more satisfying life for themselves
- Anyone interested in knowing more about what drives human behavior
- Anyone taking (or preparing to take) courses in Introductory Psychology, Personality, Motivation, and related topics
Dr. Sharpsteen has been a professor of psychology for nearly 30 years, specializing in topics related to social psychology, personality, human development, research design, and statistics. He's the author of REA's CLEP Introductory Psychology, a best-selling test preparation guide for introductory/general psychology courses (with exceptionally strong reviews from students), and several video textbooks offered on Udemy.