Your New HR System
What you'll learn
- HR professionals will learn how to: a) Build a case for new HR software
- b) Understand the background work necessary to identify the right HR system
- c) Learn how to use product demonstrations to best advantage
- d) Have a step-by-step plan to follow throughout the project
- e) Avoid the many pitfalls that cause problems in sourcing HR software
- Anyone who is in HR or interested in a career in HR or payroll should take this course to learn the tech side of HR
This course takes the student through the whole process starting with building a business case for purchasing a new HR system – whether for the first time or as replacement, developing a profile of the desired solution and then organising product demonstrations with the end point of making the selection decision.
The following stages comprise the project plan, acquiring a project manager to drive the implementation, configuration and testing stages, all with the aim of a successful Go-Live date.
Finally, there is the question of what should happen after this.
The course has been put together with the aim of giving HR practitioners the right amount of practical knowledge and tools with special emphasis on minimising the many possible errors and maximising the chances of getting the right software for the organisation.
It is delivered in a logical sequence and in a format that will be easy to follow for all levels of experience. After each section there are Top Five Tips relevant to that topic.
There is screen and text collateral accompanying the whole course, together with a suite of questions that students can answer to test out their new knowledge. These questions can optionally be directed at the instructor for his assessment and commentary, where appropriate.
Who this course is for:
- HR professionals who are proposing to embark on getting a new HR software system;
- Everyone who works in HR who should have good knowledge of HR technology
- Students of HR or General Business who need to know this vital part of a business operation
I am a consultant specialising in the selection of HR & payroll systems, and other HRIS, and is acknowledged as one of the UK’s leading figures in the field.
Over the years I have worked in a broad range of sectors, Local Government, Higher and Further Education, Music, Media, Technology, Manufacturing, Brewing and Retail to name just a few.
From 2009-2015, I founded and operated the HRcomparison website which at the time was the only site of its kind in the UK dedicated solely to HR & payroll software.
Apart from my consultancy work, I spend a significant amount of time producing articles, webinars, and seminars on HRIS topics. I am a director of the specialist GreenRiver Technology World consultancy.
In 2017 I published "Selecting and Implementing HR & payroll software" (2017)ISBN-13: 978-1537720401 updated in 2019.
In May 2023 I shall be publishing a new book offering a new definition of the true mission of HR