YOUR Empowered Pregnancy & Birth!
What you'll learn
- Learn how to exercise safe and effectively for your strongest pregnancy and birth.
- Practice Prenatal Yoga for flexibility, healthy range of motion and joint support.
- Incorporate breathing exercises to help reduce common pregnancy ailments, reduce stress and improve your respiration.
- Learn mindfulness techniques like guided meditation, breath work, somatic movement and tapping to improve your mind-body connection.
- BONUS section for Your Birth Prep- includes techniques you can weave into your birth for a smooth and mindful labor.
- Fix your posture and everyday movements to help keep your body functioning optimally during pregnancy.
- Birth + Body Workers who work with the pregnant population, explore prenatal yoga, exercise and mindfulness skills that will support your clients.
- There is no previous experience required and this course is great for BOTH beginners and the seasoned yoga/fitness practitioner.
- This course is NOT just for pregnant folks but can be utilized by birth workers, yoga teachers, fitness instructors and body workers that work with the pregnant and postpartum community..
YOUR Empowered Pregnancy & Birth!
Learn how to support your mind and body during pregnancy with yoga, exercise, breathing exercises and guided meditation. Special addition~ BONUS section for YOUR Birth Prep!
This course is divided into four sections, one for each trimester of pregnancy and the fourth section is dedicated to preparing your mind and body for a smooth labor and delivery.
In YOUR 1st Trimester practice, we will focus on training areas of the body that are most affected in the first 12 weeks pf pregnancy. Our focus will be:
Discussion- In this interactive lecture I will breakdown your bodily changes in your 1st trimester and talk about how your fluctuating hormones are impacting your mood and the way you feel.
Exercise- We will work on stablishing good squat and hip hinge form, connecting to your pelvic floor, strength and conditioning for your hips and legs as well as hip mobility and ROM.
Yoga- A foundational, prenatal yoga class that helps you work on reducing fatigue, morning sick and other general 1st trimester ailments. At the end of the yoga class, I will lead you through a relaxing guided meditation.
Mindfulness Practices- 360 Breath Practice and Pelvic Clock Exercise for pelvic floor connection.
The 2nd trimester practice will focus on taking full advantage of the 2nd trimester energy surge that many pregnant folks tend to experience by working on strengthening our core system and preparing it for the significant body changes in the last stretch of our pregnancy.
Discussion- We will dive into how your body and your baby are changing and growing in this trimester. In the lecture portion, you will see slides that show you how your baby is progressing and what physical changes your body may be experiencing.
Exercise- This is my favorite exercise portion to teach because we break down stereotypes of core training during pregnancy and really begin to train your "Core 4" muscles. We'll have a big focus on breath work in this section and how important it is for your core function.
Yoga- This is a fun yoga flow practice that is more powerful and playful than your typical prenatal yoga class. We will flow from traditional prenatal yoga movements into some somatic experiencing to help fortify your nervous system and reduce stress hormones.
Mindfulness Practices- Guided Meditation Practice
In the 3rd trimester practice, we will be integrating the things we learned in our first 2 trimesters to help us maximize our exercise and yoga practices to stay feeling healthy and minimize the common pregnancy ailments that usually accompany this phase.
Discussion- In the lecture portion, we will explore the changes in your final trimester of pregnancy and build upon the foundations we created in the first two trimesters.
Exercise- This practice has exercise that focus on upper body strength and continuing to hone our core connection skills as our body prepares to use those muscles and stamina for birth.
Yoga- Our 3rd trimester yoga practice is a restorative practice that has a "Chair Yoga" warmup that is accessible to most folks.
Mindfulness Practices- We will explore "Tapping" for pregnancy and Somatic Movements, both to de-stress and regulate our nervous system.
In the 4th, BONUS section of this course, we will learn how to use our exercise and breath practices to have a strong, empowered and fear FREE birth. This section is great to practice with your birth partner so they can help you navigate your labor on the big day.
Discussion- We will talk about what you can expect during labor and delivery and how you (and your birth partner) can incorporate some tools to cope with labor.
Yoga Postures and Partner Movements for a smoother birth process.
Breath Exercises- Your Birth Prep Breathing Exercise will help you navigate each phase of labor with mindfulness and ease.
Birth Prep Mantras- You will receive a printed resource of some of my favorite birth prep mantras.
Treat this course like a growing process, try not to skip ahead to the next section until you have completed the first one. Even if you join us in your second or third trimester, I recommend going through the 1st (and 2nd) to fully understand how your body is changing along the way. It will help you adapt your mindset and movement to facilitate these changes.
Who this course is for:
- Learn how to safely and effectively incorporate exercise, yoga and many other mindfulness tools during each trimester of pregnancy. The techniques you will learn in this course will carry you (your clients) through YOUR best pregnancy and help you have the strong and empowered birth you desire.
Jessica Freedman, E-RPYT, PCES
Jessica is a graduate of the University of Tampa and an experienced prenatal yoga teacher and corrective exercise specialist. She has been training pregnant people in her community for 16 years.
She has studied yoga and exercise science all over the world and has had the privilege of guiding hundreds of women through pregnancies.
This Tampa native is a wife, mother of two and a "hobby farmer" in her down time.