YOU CAN KNIT! Combination and Traditional (Western) Knitting
- A desire to learn to knit
- a ball of worsted / dk weight yarn
- a pair of needles (usually size 6 - 9 /US is good for starting)
This is short course in the basics of creating knitted fabric, we'll cover:
- Casting on
- The purl stitch
- The knit stitch
- Binding off
- Basic steam blocking
Additionally, you'd be introduced into two methods of knitting (the traditional Western and the less common Combination), reinforcing that there is NO wrong way to knit!
- Anyone who has ever wanted to learn to knit.
- Overview of Knitting
- Casting On
- The Purl Stitch
- The Knit Stitch (Western)
- The Knit Stitch (Combination)
- Binding Off
- Steam Blocking
I teach hand knitting techniques, write books on knitting and design hand knit garments for my living.
I've traveled across the US and Europe showing folks how to get the most enjoyment possible out of their knitting, I'll help you, too!