You Can Be a Voiceover Artist!
What you'll learn
- Train your voice for voiceover jobs
- Learn tricks to expand the versatility of your voice
- Create character voices for voiceover jobs
- Learn what it takes to make clients happy
- Learn what you need to set up a home studio
- Learn how to set up your profile on a voiceover website
- Learn some tips on getting started building your voiceover business
- Learn how to control the pacing and tone of your voice
- How to get faith-based jobs
- How Christians can get jobs aligned with their values
- No previous experience needed
Have you ever wondered if you could make money doing voiceovers on the side? In this course, I'll walk you through everything I've learned over the past 25 years on how to train your voice, set up your home studio, and grow a thriving side-business of happy return-clients. You'll learn about genres and styles, and I'll teach you how to control your tone and pacing. I'll give you tips on how to find scripts, and you'll practice vocal exercises with me and learn how to enunciate and emphasize. You'll experiment with using parts of your mouth and even your body to create character voices. You'll learn what producers and clients are looking for and how to meet their expectations. You'll learn the equipment you need to set up your own home studio, along with tips for creating your demo reel. You'll start putting together the information you need to set up your profile page, and I'll share advice on how to get some initial experience in the business. And if you're a Christian, I'll give you some tips in an extra pdf to get jobs with companies who are aligned with your values. For more than two decades, I've loved my fantastic side job recording hundreds of voiceovers and making tens of thousands of dollars. Now, I want to instill confidence in you that you can do it, too. No need to wonder any longer because...You Can Be a Voiceover Artist!
Who this course is for:
- People who are curious about what it takes to be a professional voiceover artist
- Beginning voiceover artists who would like to learn how to train their voice for future jobs
- Voiceover artists who would like to record from home
- Christians who want to get voiceover jobs with companies aligned with their values
Dr. Heidi Petak is a communication strategist and coach with Speak Eagle, along with being a two-time, Dove Award-winning writer, speaker, voiceover artist, and Women's Ministry Director for the Ascent Church. She earned her Ph.D. in Communication from Regent University, a M.A. from the University of Arkansas, and a B.S. in Broadcasting and an A.A. in Art and Design from John Brown University. She has taught for Indiana Wesleyan University, Williamson College, Colorado Christian University, and Denver Seminary where her students call her “Dr. P.” Heidi's latest endeavor is creating and teaching a masterclass entitled, "The Eagle Communicator" to help business leaders grow their Executive Presence by learning to use ShameFree, trust-based communication strategies to shape healthy, high-performing teams that stay. She and her husband Brian parent four boys, one dog, and a one-eyed cat who challenge their communication skills daily.