Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
What you'll learn
- Develop a deep understanding of the principles and philosophy of yoga, including the history and evolution of yoga practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in teaching a range of yoga postures, including modifications and adjustments to suit individual needs.
- Learn effective communication and teaching techniques to create a safe and supportive environment for students.
- Develop an understanding of meditation and pranayama techniques, and the role of mindfulness in yoga practice.
- Learn how to build and sustain a successful yoga teaching career, including business and marketing strategies, and ethical considerations in the profession.
- Open to anyone who practices yoga in their personal life
- You do not need to be hyperflexible or an advanced yogi
This course is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to become a confident and competent yoga teacher. Drawing on the principles of yoga philosophy, anatomy, physiology, and teaching methodology, the course offers a comprehensive training program for aspiring and experienced yoga teachers.
The course will cover the fundamentals of yoga, including the history and evolution of yoga practice, the philosophy behind yoga, and the different styles of yoga. Students will develop a deep understanding of yoga postures, breathing techniques, and meditation, as well as how to sequence and teach them effectively.
The course will also cover effective communication and teaching techniques, providing students with the tools to create a safe and supportive environment for their students. Students will develop an understanding of the business aspects of teaching yoga, including marketing, branding, and ethical considerations.
What you'll learn:
Yogic philosophy, history, and the eight limbs of yoga
Anatomy and understanding the body
How to create a safe environment to practice yoga
Asanas (physical poses) and how to do each one
Pranayama (breathing exercises) and how to do each one
How to sequence poses to create a structured class
Working as a professional yoga instructor
Adapting yoga for different population groups
We'll learn through videos, reading, exercises and quizzes so whatever your learning style there will be something in this course for you. Example classes are also included. By the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of yoga and take your first steps in teaching yoga classes.
You will earn a certificate accredited by the International Association of Therapists. It’s perfect as a standalone course, or as a preparatory course for moving onto a Yoga Alliance 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher course.
I can’t wait to see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Students who are passionate about yoga and want to deepen their practice
- Students interested in pursuing a career as a yoga teacher
- Fitness professionals interested in incorporating yoga into their teaching repertoire
- Individuals interested in the therapeutic benefits of yoga and how to apply them in a teaching context
Chris Worfolk is a psychologist and software consultant. He is the author of nine books and has taught over 50,000 students on Udemy. He specialises in software, career coaching, mental health and resilience.
Chris is the founder of the mental health charity Anxiety Leeds and co-founder of the Leeds Anxiety Clinic. He is the author of Do More, Worry Less: Small Steps To Reduce Your Anxiety. He has a degree in psychology from Leeds Beckett University.
Previously, he has spent over ten years working in the IT industry helping companies including Sky, Asda, Capita and the NHS improve the digital products. He is the author of numerous books including How to Exit VIM and the IT Contracting Master Class. He has a degree in computing from the University of Leeds.
In his spare time, he is an ironman triathlete, ultramarathon runner, competitive public speaker. He lives in Leeds with his wife and daughter.