Yoga Teacher Training: An Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
What you'll learn
- Understand the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Use the 8 limbs of yoga in your everyday life, by learning practical applications and examples.
- Be more mindful in how you treat yourself and others.
- Reflect on how you can apply yoga philosophy to connect or re-connect to yourself and your inner peace.
- Students don't need to have any previous knowledge.
Yoga is the union of mind, body and soul. It is often thought of as the physical practice, moving through different yoga postures - however, this is only one element of yoga. During this course, we’ll explore more about yoga philosophy, with a specific focus on Patanjali's 8 limbs of yoga. This course also includes practical classes you can practise along with, so you can put your knowledge into practice with a guided yoga flow, breathwork and meditation session too.
Whilst this course is aimed as a refresher for yoga teachers, you don't need any previous yoga experience, or any special equipment - simply show up with your body and your breath (and maybe a notebook to make notes on your learnings) and I'll guide you through the rest. The practical yoga and breathwork classes are designed at an open level, meaning that they can be done by complete beginners or more experienced yoga practitioners. Different options are provided for postures in the yoga class, depending on your experience level and your own personal body.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for yoga teachers who want to repeat or improve their knowledge on yoga philosophy, and yoga students who want to gain more understanding of why we do asanas and what yoga really is.
What are the benefits of yoga?
Practising yoga can help to:
- improve sleep
- reduce stress and anxiety
- increase strength, control and endurance of muscles
- release physical tension and achy muscles
- increase body awareness
- feel more connected to your body and mind
If you have any questions about the course, take a look at the preview videos and feel free to get in touch!
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who is interested in yoga
- Students who are interested in gaining knowledge in yoga philosophy
- Yoga teachers who want to repeat or improve their knowledge on yoga philosophy
- Yoga students who are new to yoga and want to gain more understanding of why we do asanas and what yoga really is
My yoga journey began as a way to help manage anxiety and mental health, and I fell in love with the feeling that the practice of yoga gives you both physically and mentally. My aim is to encourage others to take some Me Time - to move and breathe and flow and feel good.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Union Bali (Yoga Alliance certified)
65 Hour Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training with MOGA® (Yoga Alliance certified)
150 Hour Yoga Diploma (CPD certified)
Yoga Anatomy Training (Jason Crandell)
150 Hour Meditation Teacher Diploma (CPD certified)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)