Yoga Fundamentals – For healthy posture and alignment
What you'll learn
- Build a healthy yoga practice from the ground up with confidence
- Connect with your body, gain confidence and find balance for body and mind
- Improve alignment and joint health to reduce the risk of injury
- Develop strength and flexibility at your own pace
- Improve your posture and correct your spinal cord alignment
- Tone and relax through a simple yoga routine
- No previous knowledge of yoga is required. No tools are required although a mat, block and a belt will be useful
I’m Thomas Pedersen – a UK trained osteopath with over 16 years of experience developed in my private practice.
I’ve been practicing yoga for 20+ years and I’ve developed a style that combines my expertise as an osteopath with the benefits and flow of several yoga styles.
Working with hundreds of patients in my clinic and helping them address various issues caused by sedentary lifestyles, injuries, diverse hobbies or simply genetics highlighted to me the major impact a healthy and safe yoga practice could have on their recovery and future.
In my classes, you won’t be balancing all your weight on one finger or expected to become a professional contortionist.
During these 10 classes you will be doing basic movements and postures with easy to follow guidance from me on alignment, strength, flexibility and grounding. We will progress the postures over time to stronger poses but this will only happen when you are ready.
Each of my lessons is about 75 minutes long and I strongly recommend doing each lesson a few times before moving onto the next one. Feel confident with a lesson before progressing onwards.
I’ve created this format because I want you to understand how each move affects your body, how to do it right in order to get the full benefits of a yoga session but also how to avoid common alignment mistakes that can cause potential injuries.
Before each lesson I introduce specific movements that we are working on, and discuss alignment and the purpose of the movement using my body and props to illustrate it. We then start with some settling breathing and gradually work our way up from lying to kneeling to standing. Towards the end of most of the lessons, we spend a few minutes practicing breathing techniques and finish with guided relaxation on the floor.
In my opinion, breathing techniques are an integral part of a healthy yoga practice and have immense benefits for your health, improving both the body and mind.
With these carefully crafted classes and clear instructions, you'll be able to enjoy a full range of yoga poses, designed to improve flexibility, strength, posture and alignment for a healthier and happier life.
From the comfort of your own home, you can now choose when to practice without having to attend expensive classes or stress about making a class at a specific time and place.
I really hope you enjoy these classes and please get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
Who this course is for:
- From absolute beginners to more advanced yoga practitioners
- Thomas will take you from the very basics of yoga and movement safely to an advanced Sun and Moon salutation
- This course is for anyone who wants to improve their feeling of wellbeing mentally and physically
- Take some time to breath and connect and feel fantastic
I have created this yoga class with Thomas Pederson who is a qualified osteopath and a certified yoga teacher.
We wanted to put together a series of yoga lessons focusing on what we call normal movement for normal people. We want to try and explore what normal, healthy movement is for us, rather than rush into headstands.
We want to offer you an easy and safe way to develop your own practice with a strong foundation in good alignment, sensible postures and some basic breathing techniques that will strengthen your body and mind and increase your well-being.’