Yoga for Lower Back Pain
- This course doesn't replace medical advice. It's to be used as a tool in addition to any medical advice.
- Beginners welcome! No other requirements. You will need a few props, but I'll include household items you can use in their place.
*** I'm currently offering this course for free, however if you join the course, please instead consider making a donation to my chosen charity the Avon Wildlife Trust to help support them in continuing to protect our wildlife and biodiversity. Donations can be made here: https://www.justgiving (dot) com/fundraising/yoga-with-kelly *** Thank you.
This course is for anyone that wants to improve spinal support, health and strength. This can help to:
Reduce the risk of lower back pain in the long term.
Strengthen your core, which can help reduce the risk of falls and improve mobility.
This course is designed to:
Give you a simple, but effective yoga routine that targets common problem area, working to optimism these areas in the long term.
Provide a sequence that can be easily incorporated into your existing training plan, or to be used as a completely separate sequence. And that can be easily and realistically fit into your week.
Provide the key information without overwhelming you with too much information or too many choices. Great if you have limited time and just want to use your time efficiently to get the best results.
- A lesson on some of the common causes of lower back pain and why.
- A 10-20 minute yoga sequence, which you can incorporate into your weekly training plan. We break down this sequence in a 40 minute lesson, so you'll learn about the muscle we are focusing on and why. You'll also be given a couple of different modification and alternatives to use.
- A weekly training plan to help you plan your week and track your progress.
- A PDF of the sequence, making it easy to refer to wherever and whenever you are.
- Downloadable content so you can watch these lessons wherever and whenever you like.
- Lifetime access including to any updated or new material added to the course.
Plus you'll receive a BONUS 7 day core challenge!
Having a strong core helps to support the spine and lower back. You'll learn a few exercises you can take to help strengthen different aspects of the core. Leading to more lower back support and reducing the risk of lower back pain.
A bit more about the course structure and what you will get:
We will look at the common causes of lower back pain and a few simple poses or exercises you can take to correct them. This will equip you with the key information and tools to use, without overwhelming you or taking up too much time.
The most effective way to correct an issue is repetition over time. This means repetition of the same poses and exercises is key to target problem areas and you don't need to learn a hundred different exercises. Repetition works on a specific muscle to bring that muscle back to it's optimum.
So forget these long courses with overwhelming information and exercises - with this simple routine you will still get all the benefits.
Depending on the number of repetitions and sets you want to take the sequence can fit into anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Making it very easy to fit into your week. I recommend scheduling this sequence 3-4 times a week for several months and tracking your performance so you can look back and notice your progress.
This course will provide you with tools and resources to use in addition to any medical advice you're given. This isn't a substitute for seeing a health practitioner or doctor. We will cover the common causes of lower back pain, however everyone is different and unique. It's important to speak to a specialist to get tailored advice for your specific requirements and needs.
It is also your responsibility to ensure you are ready to complete this course - if you do have any medical conditions or are practicing yoga for the first time then it is advisable to speak to a health specialist before beginning your practice. And remember yoga can be challenging, but it should never be painful. If you do feel any pain, then please come out of the pose and remember to always listen to your body and work within your limitations.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with lower back pain. People with tightness around the hips/ legs/ lower back will also benefit.
- Anyone looking for a way to address the root cause. Resolving the issue for the long term, not short term.
- Those looking for something that's not going to overwhelm them with too much information. Something you can easily incorporate into your weekly routine.
- Not for those just seeking instant back pain relief - this is very much a long term solution that should be used in addition to anything recommended to you by your health specialist.
- 17:08Lower Back Pain
Hello and welcome to my Udemy page!
I'm a yoga teacher in Bristol, UK and I teach Hatha yoga, Vinyasa, Yin yoga and yoga Nidra. I've also completed a few long distance, cross-country bike trips and ran a few marathons and ultra marathons.
Yoga has really helped bring balance to my life - I'm quite an active person and I find it hard to stay still. Yoga helps me to stay grounded and gives me focus.
It also helps me physically - from long distance running and cycling I have quite tight hamstrings, hip flexors, hip rotators and calves. Tightness in these areas can really start to impact on the lower back, creating lower back pain, and can impact on the alignment of the pelvis and hips. Yoga helps to lengthen these tight muscles, reducing the impact in the lower back region.
In addition to the 200 hour Yoga Teachers Training I've completed, I've done a Yin yoga teachers training, Yoga Nidra teachers training, First Aid training, Mental Health first aid training, Indian Head Massage certificate and a Leadership in Running qualification. I've also completed some additional yoga and anatomy training modules.
Every Wednesday I add a free yoga class to my YouTube channel and website - so please subscribe to my channel if you want to keep in the loop! And if you have anything you would love to see on my channel - please let me know.
I've started to support the Avon Wildlife Trust - if you've enjoyed any free or discounted courses, then please consider donating to my chosen charity the Avon Wildlife Trust to help protect our wildlife and biodiversity. Please donate at justgiving (dot) com/fundraising/yoga-with-kelly