Yoga for Back Health ACCREDITED
What you'll learn
- Learn a safe and challenging yoga sequence designed to build a strong and healthy spine
- Study with an experienced Yoga Alliance Educational Professional
- Improve your posture, prevent injury, and increase longevity
- Prevent or even reverse osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Increase stamina, balance, and joint stability
- Relieve aches and pains, especially in the low back
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Receive a Certificate of completion that can be applied to Yoga Alliance Continuing Education (5 hours)
- Have the option to continue to study with Anna Vira through weekly online classes in yoga and Pilates
- Yoga mat
- Yoga strap (belt, tie, or scarf will do)
- Two yoga blocks (if you don't have blocks I will show ways to use your own body as prop)
- Ready to feel strong and confident!
Have you noticed yourself slouching or having neck and low back pain?
Do you want to prevent future injury and spinal degeneration?
Are you sitting a lot and feeling sluggish and out of shape?
Are you searching for a safe and effective way to build strength and confidence?
Are you a teacher seeking continuing education through the Yoga Alliance?
Well I’ve got your back!
Hello and welcome to Yoga for Back Health! This is a safe and challenging course designed for anyone who wants to ease back pain, prevent injury, and improve posture through building a strong and healthy spine. Not only is this yoga sequence great for building strength in your physical body but inherently you will become overall more relaxed and confident. You can be a beginner to yoga or just looking for a new approach that has your back in mind.
This course includes ten short instructional videos that lead you though the different phases of the sequence, breaking down the technique and alignment of each posture. The final video is a full 60 min class that includes all the poses from the instructional videos with fluid transitions. You will receive all the content at once and can go though it at your own pace. Once you purchase this course you will always have full access so you can practice as often as you like.
Since this is an ACCREDITED course, yoga teachers can receive 5 credits towards their continuing education.
My name is Anna Vira and I am an Experienced Yoga and Pilates Instructor. If you know anything about Pilates than you know it is all about building core strength, joint stability, balance, coordination, and overall body breath awareness. Well, this is exactly how I approach yoga as well. Many say I teach yoga like a Pilates instructor and Pilates like a yoga teacher. My focus as a professional in both modalities is to help you feel better in your body so you can feel your best, increase your longevity, and enjoy your life to it's fullest.
I am here with you along the way! Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have :)
This course includes several instructional videos that breakdown:
The Flow (Sun Salutation sequence)
Prone Poses (on belly)
Supine Poses (on back)
Full 60 min class Yoga for Back Health
It is always good to consult with your physician before starting a new exercise program. Yoga for Back Health is not designed to treat any condition but works great as a supplement for boosting your overall health and well-being.
If you love the class and want to continue studying with me you have the option of joining my weekly online zoom classes to continue the journey. If you buy this course you will receive your first class for FREE! Just send me a message and I will share the link :)
My teaching credentials:
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance
Yoga - Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with Jason Crandell Yoga - YACEP E-RYT 500
Pilates - Power Pilates and Pilates Sports Center (full comprehensive training)
Nutrition Coach- Bauman College of Berkeley California.
"If you would seek health, look first to the spine." Socrates
Who this course is for:
- Yoga students of all levels
- Students seeking ways to protect their back during a yoga practice
- Teachers interested in a fresh perspective and sequence
- Yoga teachers seeking continuing education - 5 hours through Yoga Alliance
- Students wanting to improve their posture and overall strength
Anna Vira Sullivan is an intuitive health and fitness coach specializing in Pilates, yoga, and holistic nutrition. She received her Advanced Yoga Teacher Training through Jason Crandell Yoga and is a Continuing Education Professional through the Yoga Alliance (YACEP).
Her classes are peaceful yet challenging and focus on injury prevention through building strength, joint stability, and overall body and breath awareness. She embraces a creative flow style of teaching that is uplifting and keeps her students moving throughout the practice.
As a lifelong dancer and performance artist Anna has used these different modalities to promote healing in her body and mind. She loves sharing her knowledge with individuals by creating online courses and personalized transformational fitness and nutrition programs.
BFA in Dance
Pilates Certifications through Pilates Sports Center of LA and Power Pilates of NYC
Holistic Nutrition Coach through Bauman College of Berkeley, California
Yoga teacher trainings:
200 hr Yoga on High Columbus, Ohio
300 Advanced Training with Jason Crandell Yoga in San Francisco