Yin yoga for sleep
- To practice Yin yoga you only need your body, a yoga mat, comfortable clothes and some props that you can easily create using common household items. I show you how to do it in the introduction video. Please allow 2-3 hours between your last meal and your Yin yoga practice.
Do you toss and turn in your bed and have difficulties falling asleep? Do you feel like you hold on to a lot of tension in your body? Then this is the perfect course for you! Yin yoga is an excellent practice to calm the nervous system and activate the parasympathetic nervous system, responsible for the rest and digest mode. The more you practice, the better it gets, as you body learns how to relax quicker. In this course you will find 4 different classes to help you fall asleep. They are of different lengths, so that you can chose one according to how much time you have. I highly recommend practicing every day before going to sleep.
- This course is designed to be easily followed by all levels of practitioners. It's for everybody, and everyone, regardless of their yoga experience, can benefit from it.
- Welcome to this Yin yoga for sleep course!02:45
- What is Yin yoga?01:59
- Yin yoga for sleep 111:51
- Yin yoga for sleep 213:37
- Yin yoga for sleep 317:22
- Yin yoga for sleep 430:21
- Bonus lecture01:39
I had my first encounter with yoga back in 2001, when I took a class out of curiosity. Since then, I have never looked back and over the years I increased the amount of time dedicated to the practice of yoga. Meditation and yoga helped me balance a stressful job and my quality of life and sleep improved dramatically since I started practicing. I undertook in 2011 a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India, and I have been since attending numerous workshops and trainings all over the world in order to deepen my knowledge of the multiple aspects of yoga. In 2013 I did a Yin Yoga TTC with Integrated Yin Yoga, in Spain.
In 2015 I decided to attend the 200 hr Samayoga teacher training in Bali to keep deepening my understanding of yoga, specially the more devotional side of yoga, and to find the voice of my heart. I am also very interested in meditation and it's effects on calming the mind. I have attended three 10-day silent vipassana meditation courses, in Nepal, Thailand and India. I am also an NLP Master, and a certified life coach. I am honoured to be able to teach others what has helped me immensely in my life. I firmly believe that yoga is for everybody, and it's my deepest desire to make yoga accessible to as many people as possible. I teach a personal mix of different styles, concentrating on making the practice accessible to everyone, offering modifications as needed, and practicing ahimsa, non harming and total acceptance of my students. I am currently a traveling yoga teacher, teaching and learning yoga all over the world.