Yoga of the Joints: Yin Yoga for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Equipping you with the tools and knowledge to start your own Yin yoga home practice
- Learn how to modify or adjust different poses to best suit you and your needs
- Giving you the confidence to attend a full Yin yoga class and/ or create your own Yin yoga sequence/ class
- What Yin yoga is, how it is different to other forms of yoga and how to practice.
- No experience required. Beginners welcome!
- A few props required - I'll give you household options you can use in place of yoga props.
- Speak to a health care professional or doctor before starting a new practice, or if you have any medical conditions.
- Yoga can be challenging, but it shouldn't be painful. If you feel any pain, please come out of the pose.
This course is designed to complete beginners either new to yoga or Yin yoga, or those students wanting to dive a little deeper into Yin yoga. The course will give you the confidence and knowledge to start or expand on your Yin yoga practice.
This course would also be beneficial to teachers, looking to get a better understanding of Yin yoga and how it can be used to benefit their students.
Why practice Yin yoga?
Yin yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the fascia, which supports the joints. This can help with joint health, mobility and range of motion - the reason Yin yoga often is referred to as 'Yoga of the Joints'.
Yin yoga calms the nervous system by engaging the parasympathetic nervous system. This switches off our 'fight or flight' response, reducing feelings of anxiousness, stress and overwhelm.
Yin yoga can quieten a busy mind - the practice is a meditative practice and results in a lot of the same benefits as meditation. It is also a great way to build on or start a meditation practice.
By the end of the course you will:
- Know how to modify and adjust poses to best benefit you (this includes how to use props and household items to support you).
- Be confident in your home practice and be able to create your own Yin yoga sequences, if you like.
- Have an understanding of Yin yoga, what it is and how it can benefit you.
x3 lessons on what Yin yoga is, the benefits, how to practice and how to prepare for the course.
A lesson on the meridians and how they relate to/ are used in Yin Yoga (plus example classes demonstrating how the meridians are used in Yin yoga).
x25 In-depth tutorials covering over 35 Yin yoga poses. Each tutorial will cover where the pose targets, how you can modify the pose and some alternative poses you can take.
x3 lessons on how to use breath work in your Yin yoga practice and some of the benefits of doing so.
Information and tips on meditation and how to incorporate this into your practice.
A downloadable guided relaxation (Yoga Nidra).
x3 self-led Yin yoga classes to get you started with your home practice.
x3 full length Yin yoga classes.
Over 7 hours of downloadable content (over 40 lectures), so you can learn and practice anywhere, at anytime.
Additional resources and PDFs
Lifetime access to the course including to any new or updated content.
You'll also receive two BONUS Yin yoga classes (in addition to those included in the course)
This is quite an in-depth course, which I plan to be updating based on feedback and suggestions. As you'll have lifetime access, you'll have access to all these updates and new content!
I'm offering an affordable launch price, which will give you lifetime access to the course, including access to any new or updated content. Making this offer a worthwhile investment into your health and wellbeing.
Who this course is for:
- Students interesting in learning more about Yin yoga. Or complete beginners to Yoga and/or Yin yoga.
- Yin can be a meditative practice for most - this is a great way to start of develop your meditation practice.
- Teachers wanting to learn more about modifying poses for their students.
Hello and welcome to my Udemy page!
I'm a yoga teacher in Bristol, UK and I teach Hatha yoga, Vinyasa, Yin yoga and yoga Nidra. I've also completed a few long distance, cross-country bike trips and ran a few marathons and ultra marathons.
Yoga has really helped bring balance to my life - I'm quite an active person and I find it hard to stay still. Yoga helps me to stay grounded and gives me focus.
It also helps me physically - from long distance running and cycling I have quite tight hamstrings, hip flexors, hip rotators and calves. Tightness in these areas can really start to impact on the lower back, creating lower back pain, and can impact on the alignment of the pelvis and hips. Yoga helps to lengthen these tight muscles, reducing the impact in the lower back region.
In addition to the 200 hour Yoga Teachers Training I've completed, I've done a Yin yoga teachers training, Yoga Nidra teachers training, First Aid training, Mental Health first aid training, Indian Head Massage certificate and a Leadership in Running qualification. I've also completed some additional yoga and anatomy training modules.
Every Wednesday I add a free yoga class to my YouTube channel and website - so please subscribe to my channel if you want to keep in the loop! And if you have anything you would love to see on my channel - please let me know.
I've started to support the Avon Wildlife Trust - if you've enjoyed any free or discounted courses, then please consider donating to my chosen charity the Avon Wildlife Trust to help protect our wildlife and biodiversity. Please donate at justgiving (dot) com/fundraising/yoga-with-kelly