Finding Balance: Yin Yang Philosophy for Modern Living
What you'll learn
- Apply yin and yang principles to modern life
- Understand yin and yang in a much more complete and thorough way
- Be able to make real, practical adjustments to re-discover a more balanced way of living
- Know where yin and yang theory came from and how it evolved
- Know if you are predominately yin or yang in our energy levels and approach to life
- No materials required, just a general interest in learning
- No previous knowledge in yin and yang theory required
Do you feel a little out of BALANCE?
Is your sleep, health, business or relationships suffering?
Then working with the forces of yin & yang can help!
The primary purpose of this course is to develop a deeper understanding of the natural forces of yin and yang and to give practical, modern day applications as to how to go about working with these forces rather than against them.
The term or theory of “balance" is also explored, as it is not often clear as to what balance is and how being in balance feels.
Understanding yin and yang theory can bring about:
- A great reduction in stress and anxiety related symptoms
- Working in a way that is more relaxed, natural and joyful
- More meaningful relationships
- Enhanced sports and physical performance
- Enhanced creativity and intuition
- and much more...
There is a quiz inside the course that you can complete to help you have a better understanding as to whether you may have more yin or yang characteristic in your life at this current time and what you can do to bring things back to a balanced state.
Learning to flow with yin and yang sets can be one of the greatest adventures of one's life, for when one if “synced up" to these cosmic forces, life takes on a smoother and more fluid unfolding in a way that is nurturing, supportive, and naturally produces a deeper sense of appreciation.
You will learn:
- The history of yin and yang theory
- The principles that come out of yin and yang theory
- How yin and yang theory applies to health, business, relationships and more
- If you are predominately yin or yang in nature
- How to adjust oneself back towards a balanced state
- and much more..
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in yin and yang
- Anyone with an interest in Oriental medicine
- Anyone looking to bring more balance into their lives
- Anyone with an interest in the "art of living"
Michael Hetherington (BHlthSci) is a healer, mind-body medicine therapist, Chinese medicine acupuncturist, teacher and Taekwondo yogi.
He helps people experiencing doubt, worry and confusion and moves them into clarity, focus, and confidence.
Michael has spoken on subjects related to energy medicine, energy psychology and Chinese medicine at numerous events and festivals around the world including The Bali Spirit Festival in Indonesia and the Omega Institute in New York alongside Dr. Sue Morter, Dr. David Feinstein and Donna Eden.
He is originally from Brisbane, Australia and can now be found bouncing between workshops and events in Australia, Thailand, Bali and Germany.
Michael holds a Bachelor of Health Science from Charles Sturt University, an Advanced Diploma in Acupuncture from the Australian Institute of Applied Sciences and a yoga teacher certificate from the Byron yoga centre. He has been teaching yoga since 2008 and was a lecturer of Oriental medicine at the Australian Institute of Applied Sciences from 2014-2015.
In his early twenties, he suffered from regular migraine headaches, depression and chronic lower back pain, which he overcame primarily through the practices of yoga, relaxation and meditation.
Michael was always attracted to eastern philosophy and it was this interest that drew him to the teachings and practices of yoga, martial arts and Chinese medicine at a young age. After traveling to China to teach English for a year, he returned to Australia in 2004 to begin studying Chinese medicine, remedial massage and practicing Oki-Do yoga (Japanese Yoga form developed by Dr. Masahiro Oki) under the guidance of Peter Masters.
Inspired by the teachings of many he has learned that a lighthearted and nurturing approach to life serves best.
Michael's other interests include dancing under the stars, traveling, spending time in nature & drinking cups of tea.