Yarn Dependency Management: The Complete Guide
What you'll learn
- Manage project dependencies with Yarn
- Understand Semantic Versioning
- Migrate projects from NPM to Yarn
- Basic usage of the command line
- A text editor and the latest version of NodeJS
Learn modern dependency management with Yarn.
- Learn to use Yarn at an expert level
- Manage project dependencies
- Learn aspects of dependency management such as Semantic Versioning
- Cover the near-entire Yarn command line API, learning one module at a time
- Learn to migrate NPM managed projects or packages to Yarn
This course will teach you every aspect of the Yarn command line API and related concepts.
Content and Overview
With 20 concise and practical lectures, this course will provide a COMPLETE understanding of Yarn and Dependency Management as a whole.
The course starts with a short introduction and overview of Yarn and also the development environment used in lessons.
The main body of the course then covers the 3 individual sections of the Yarn Command Line API and some supplemental lessons in-between.
These 3 sections include:
- Foundational Yarn Commands and Concepts
- Advanced Commands and Features
Upon completion of this course you will have the practical skills to immediately start implementing Yarn as your primary dependency manager and also publish your very own projects to the NPM package registry.
Who this course is for:
- Developers looking to learn the concepts of dependency management and dependency versioning
- All developers NOT already using a dependency manager in their projects.
- Anyone already using NPM, wanting to switch to a more modern alternative in Yarn
- Node module developers wanting to publish their packages to the NPM registry
Stackacademy provides high-quality Courses for Developers, with learning-efficiency as the number one priority.
My name is Ray Viljoen,
I have over 10 years experience as a Full Stack Developer and have real world experience building, maintaining & optimising a wide range of applications.
My courses are concise, teaches practical skills and is designed to also serve as usable future reference material.