YAML Zero to Master
What you'll learn
- What is YAML and why it is being used heavily inside Configuration management
- How YAML is different from XML and JSON
- YAML Use Cases
- YAML Basic Concepts that covers Scalars, Strings, Sequences, Dictionaries, Explicit Typing
- How to write comments inside YAML file
- YAML advance concepts that covers Anchors, Alias, Overriding, Multi documents support, Writing Complex keys
- Validating YAML files using yamlint and online websites
- YAML real examples inside AWS Cloud Formation, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
- Basics of XML and JSON
'YAML Zero to Master' course will help in understanding about YAML format, syntax and how to build, validate YAML files. By the end of this course, students will understand all the below topics,
What is YAML (YAML Ain't Markup Language) and introduction to it
How YAML is similar inline style to JSON (is a superset of JSON)
Understand how easy and simple to represent complex mapping inside YAML
YAML use cases and why it is being used heavily inside Configurations management
Thumb rules that needs to be followed in writing a valid YAML file
Scalars inside YAML and how they represent a single stored value
YAML support to Strings, Integer, Float, Date, Timestamp, Boolean, Null etc.
How to write multiple lines of String using folded style and literal style inside YAML
How YAML supports comments inside it and how to write them with the help of #
YAML support to implicit and explicit typing
How to write different types of date formats using !!timestamp data tag
What are Sequences inside YAML and how to write it using Block style and flow style
What are Dictionaries inside YAML and how to write them to represent related object details like Application, Person, Vehicle etc.
What is the common structure inside YAML document
How to write complex keys inside YAML using ?
What are Anchors & Alias inside YAML. How to write them using & and *
What is overriding/merging inside YAML and how to use inside Anchors and Alias using <<:
How YAML supports multi-documents and how to write them using --- & ...
How to validate YAML files using command line tools and yamllint which is a python package
How to define custom configurations inside yamllint
How to validate YAML files and convert them into JSON using online websites
YAML real examples inside AWS Cloud Formation, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
The pre-requisite for the course is basic knowledge of XML, JSON and interest to learn.
Who this course is for:
- Students, Developers, Architects who are looking to learn YAML
- Who does lot of DevOps work by using YAML as a format to do configurations
The target of the Eazy Bytes is to educate Students, Developers and Architects on designing and implementing web applications focusing modularity, scalability, security and performance by using Java, Angular, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Microservices, SpringBoot and Cloud.
As the name indicates the knowledge sharing will be in byte sized which can be easily understand by anyone who spends quality time during the trainings.