- No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
- A desire to learn the basics of YAML
- No hardware required, just your personal computer and a text editor
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
What is YAML?
What is YAML used for?
How do you read and write YAML?
What can you do with YAML?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of YAML as a data serialization language. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize - this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced technical courses where YAML may be used in practice. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
As an added bonus to all who enroll, we have made a select group of Linux Academy's Hands-On Labs and flashcards available for free to all students who wish to take advantage of them. Instructions on how to access these bonus features will be provided during the course.
(NOTE: These bonus features are not a required part of the course. They are an addition you can choose if you so wish.)
- The YAML Essentials course is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundation for working with data serialization languages
- You want a high-level understanding of how to write YAML
- About this Course
- About the Instructor
- Free Linux Academy Community Account (required for bonus labs and flashcards)
- What is YAML?
- YAML Styles
- Final Thoughts and Next Steps
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.