XPath, CSS Selector, Web,DOM, SelectorsHub & TestCase Studio
What you'll learn
- Deep concepts of XPath
- Deep concepts of cssSelector, shadow dom, iframe, svg, web tables
- All about web elements, DOM, required knowledge of DOM for automation tester
- SelectorsHub and TestCase Studio
- How to write XPath, Selectors smartly without wasting any time
- How to inspect & write selectors for invisible dropdown, spin loader, submenu etc.
- Automating the complex scenarios like multiple shadow dom, iframe inside shadow dom
- Automating more complex scenarios like multiple nested iframes, shadow dom inside iframe, nested shadow root inside iframe
- Deep concepts about web automation & selectors like what is possible to automate & what is not
- Tricks to automate impossible things like closed shadow dom
- Interview questions related to xpath, selectors, web elements and DOM
- Very basic knowledge of automation like selenium or cypress or webdriver io or playwright or any automation tool
- If you know how to open browser through automation that is more than enough for this course.
A Course to improve Knowledge & Productivity. This course has covered everything what I teach in Live SelectorsHub Training.
Topics covered in this course-
XPath concepts and Writing XPath from basic to advance.
Writing all kinds of XPath like XPath relative to other element, Relative XPath to Parent, index based xpath, XPath with attribute & text and absolute xpath.
Detailed explanation about important functions of XPath like text(), . dot, normalize-space(), not(), !=
Difference between //* and //tagname
Importance concepts about web like pseudo elements, comment, what is possible and what is not possible for web elements
XPath 1.0 and XPath 2.0
Shadow DOM, iframe, SVG, different technique to write xpath.
How to automate and handle more complex scenarios like shadow dom inside iframe, iframe inside shadow dom, multiple shadow dom inside iframe etc.
How to automate closed shadow dom
Handling all kinds of web elements like dynamic, invisible dropdown and submenu etc.
How to handle spin loader
cssSelector, JS Path, jQuery
Full training on SelectorsHub,
How to write automation script smartly,
Full training on TestCase Studio.
How to complete manual testing without wasting much time and smartly.
Bug reproducing techniques and a lot more.
Interview preparation and questions on XPath & Selectors.
After each class, practice questions and exercise will be shared. We will also discuss the exercise questions.
Writing Axes Based XPath, XPath for Web Tables etc will be taught..
Who this course is for:
- All the automation testers (beginners and advance level). People those who really want to learn all about XPath, selectors, web elements and want to improve their productivity at least by 40-50%, must take this course. If you have zero knowledge on automation then this course might not be useful for you but if you are a Selenium user or you have learnt selenium then it is a must have course for you.
- all the selenium users
- all the web automation developers
- all the web automation testers
- all the cypress users
- all the webdriver io users
- all the playwright users
- all who wants to learn about xpath, css selectors, web elements and dom
- all who wants to learn about scrapping the web data through xpath
- manual testers who started learning automation
- Beginners who want to improve their automation knowledge and want to be expert
Inventor & creator of SelectorsHub, TestCase Studio and ChroPath | Young Achievers' 2021 Award Winner | Indian Achievers' 2020 Award Winner | Not working for any company, working full time for community | Chemical engineer by degree, Software Engineer by choice | On a mission to make testers and developers life easy | Total 10+ years of IT experience with companies IBM, Goibibo, UrbanLadder, InMobi, ChroPath and now SelectorsHub.