wtf mandarin - Survival Conversational Chinese
- Learners do not need any previous knowledge of Chinese.
- Learners need to be culturally open-minded and prepared to think in Chinglish.
Dive into Mandarin by learning the first and most important layer of conversational Chinese.
Actually learn how to speak and understand the most essential Chinese basics.
Taste the wonderful, logical and no-nonsense Chinese culture.
wtfmandarin builds the bridge between English and Chinese - the Chinglish bridge.
wtf = watch-try-flaunt. Watch the videos. Try the audio try files. Flaunt to your Chinese communities and friends.
- Structured approach, each class building on the last (easy to do as Chinese is super logical)
- Each lesson ends with street videos of Liam and wtfmandarin students putting the taught language into real-life action here in China
- Every lesson has downloadable essential audio try files where you will practise your new mandarin
We do not:
- Teach through rote learning and memory tests
- Rush through unconnected language in an unstructured way
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Introduce yourself and use polite manners
- Negotiate on prices
- Form simple questions
- Engage is mega basic Chinese conversations
- Understand key insights into Chinese culture
wtfmandarin founder, Liam:
- Three years ago could not speak a word of Chinese.
- Discovered Chinglish and his Chinese journey started.
- Developed the course he wishes he had 3 years ago.
All this and more. 加油！jiā yóu! Go for it!
- Native or advanced English speakers
- Learners who have not studied conversational Mandarin before - our beginner conversational course is also available for students who know the basics.
- Learners who need Chinese for business, work, travel, pleasure or romance
- Lesson 1 - Self-introduction04:40
- How to + Mandarin tones04:16
- Lesson 2 - Polite Pairs04:09
- Lesson 3: Numbers 1-10005:57
- Lesson 4: Much few money?04:37
- Lesson 5: Question ma?01:57
- Lesson 6: Not like! Bù01:55
- Lesson 8: I want yào!04:08
- Lesson 9: I can speak a little Chinese04:07
- Survival Chinese Exam04:07
Been living and breathing Chinese in Shanghai for the past 3 years. Spent one year at Shanghai University studying Mandarin. Founder of wtfmandarin, a Shanghai based Chinese teaching school operating since December 2015.
After struggling through unstructured, memory test based University and online courses I discovered the Chinglish bridge. Finally I could flaunt my Mandarin throughout my Chinese adventures.
My Chinese adventures include numerous China TV appearances, running a sports centre, recruiting teachers, travelling China and continuing to run wtfmandarin and Big Debates Shanghai.