Writing & Recording Your First Rap Song
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create rap songs from start to finish
- Choose the right instrumentals
- Write verses, choruses, intros and outros
- Record confidently
- You don't need any previous knowledge before starting this course
- The more music theory or language arts you understand the easier this will be, but it's not required
- You will need a microphone and recording software, there are recommendations in the course
I’m going to assume you’re interested in rap music, but you don’t know where to start. What do you need to know to write a rap song? How do you do it? Don’t worry, this course will walk you through, step by step, how to make your own rap song, even if you know nothing at all to begin with. If you’ve ever wanted to make a rap song, this is a great place to start.
If you’ve never written a song before or are a complete beginner, this course is designed for you. I developed it to give you very clear, actionable steps on writing your first song. I’ve even picked out an instrumental that I’ll share with you, and then we’ll walk through each step of creating a song, together.
The course starts with very high level concepts, so you broadly understand how to accomplish your goals, and then we filter those concepts into specific, actionable components. I’ll essentially write a song with you, while providing a framework for you to follow along. You can follow me as closely as you’d like, depending on whether you want flexible freedom or more structured guidance. By the time you’re done with this course, you will have completed your first rap song!
One final thought, if you have any desire to rap, you should take this course. Really. There’s no certain stereotype you need to fit to be able to rap. Anyone is capable of creating a rap song about whatever topic they choose if they have the drive. There are no rules. There are, however, underlying techniques, which influence rap skill. Those techniques can be taught to anyone. Do not let preconceived notions or stereotypes stop you from trying something you’re interested in. Now let’s get started!
- This course is for anyone that wants to learn how to make a rap song as a rapper
- This course is NOT for individuals interested in audio production
- This course is for beginners and walks you through your first song
Before starting, we need to find creative flow. It's important to have the right mindset before trying to write and record your first song.
Before starting a song, you need an instrumental (or beat). This lesson will give you a few things to pay attention to in your instrumental.