Writing Skills: Self-Edit Your Writing Like A Pro!
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this course you'll learn a variety of essential (but often overlooked) editing techniques that will instantly improve and strengthen your writing, especially focusing in the areas of pacing, dialogue, description, characterisation, punctuation and targeting your reader.
- An interest in editing writing
- An interest in improving your writing skills
Over my decades as a Writer, Writing Coach and Editor, I’ve realised that many writers need more than just being shown new editing skills to improve. To really improve they also need ongoing support as they learn how to successfully incorporate those new skills into their writing.
As the title implies, this course includes plenty of clearly-explained tutorials on practical, important (and often over-looked) writing skills, but equally as crucial, it also comes with the vital ongoing support. There are quizzes, examples, homework (if you want it), the opportunity to have your questions answered, to join a growing community, and even, on occasion, to get feedback on your work. Or, if you prefer, you can just study the course then go off and do your own thing. The choice is yours.
As a Freelance Writer and Writing Coach, I’m here basically to help you achieve your writing goals, and in many cases this course is the first step. So please click on the ‘Take this Course’, and I’ll be happy to teach you what you need to learn and help you while you become comfortable using the techniques.
On the other hand, if you’re still a little unsure, don’t forget this course comes with a FULL, 30-day money-back guarantee, which means that if you change your mind within the first 30-days and let us know, you’ll get a complete refund.
Also, if you scroll a little further down the page, you’ll find some of my video tutorials are marked as ‘Previews’; this means you can watch them before enrolling to be sure my teaching style suits you.
Well, there you go. Hope this course sounds like what you need and I look forward to helping you soon.
- Anybody interested in editing writing or becoming a writer.
- Anybody interested in editing their writing to a publishable standard.
- Anybody interested in writing fiction (short stories to novels), auto/biographies, or any kind of true-life stories.
- Writers who have completed a writing project, but would like to edit it to ensure they haven't made any glaring mistakes before sending it out to publishers, editors or getting it printed.
- Beginner and intermediary writers interested in improving their writing abilities.
- Writers whose native language is not English, and are looking to learn some of the more intricate parts of the written language.
Clear and simple rules to follow when writing dialogue on the page.
Knowing when to use capital letters at the start of words and when not to can often be a challenge. This video offers some simple rules and exercises to follow.