Test automation framework architecture
What you'll learn
- Understand Test Automation Framework concepts
- Be able to use Selenide to interact with Web UI
- Understand N-tier (Layered) architecture pattern
- Be able to write basic automation framework from scratch
- You need to be able to read java code
- You need to have basic knowledge of HTML
- You need to be able to write code in any programming language
- You need to have basic understanding of Selenium
Learn how to write test automation framework for any system - step by step.
Many test automation solutions are written by less experienced developers, and, as the result, are not structured well, hindering test automation progress. But there's one very simple, yet effective way to structure test automation framework - 3-layer framework pattern. This pattern will allow you to write test automation framework for any software system (Web UI, Rest API, Desktop, etc) while minimizing maintenance cost.
My name is Alexander Pushkarev, I am Senior Software Engineer. I work in IT from about 2008, and 7 years of my experience I worked as test automation specialist, leading teams and creating test automation from scratch for legacy and green-field projects. I had written several different frameworks and I combined my architecture knowledge acquired during my development work into what I call "3-layer framework" - which is the focus of this course.
What is test automation framework?
What is architecture?
What design patterns are most commonly used in test automation?
Layered pattern - the way it applied to test automation
Step-by-step framework implementation example
Who this course is for:
- Junior Test Automation Engineers
- Manual Testers
- Junior Developers
I am Software Engineer with a testing background and I will explain:
1) Developers how to write cleaner and more testable code. TDD, Clean Code, XP, Agile, these sorts of things.
2) SDET and TA Engineers - how to create efficient automated testing. Test automation, test strategy, DevOps.
3) Junior developers - the fundamentals they need to know to build a successful career. Data Structures and Algorithms, career progression and interviewing tips.