Writing Successful Speeches
What you'll learn
- Write successful speeches like a professional for yourself or someone else that will engage and motivate audiences.
- Discover how to plan out a speech, considering the situation, the objectives and the audience.
- Develop writing skills for the spoken word rather than the written word.
- Learn how to format a speech and make it user-friendly for the speaker.
- Gain confidence in your speech writing and handling the speech venue.
- No prior knowledge is assumed on the part of the learner. Indeed, speech writers of any skill level will benefit from this course.
- When taking the course, it is useful to have a real-live speech in mind, because this course will give you a framework for developing it to a finished product.
Have you ever had to write a speech for someone, like your boss or a colleague? Have you ever had to give a speech yourself and spent ages staring at a blank piece of paper, unsure where to start? If so, here's some good news. Writing Successful Speeches gives you a plan and tools to write speeches that will get results.
This course is really about effective communication, in this case, in the form of a speech. Short videos, speech templates and written materials are provided to help the speech writer develop a persuasive and memorable speech for themselves or someone else.
Writing Successful Speeches takes the learner through the whole process of developing a successful speech in a series of modules: from setting goals with the speaker, identifying the wants-and-needs of the audience, structuring the speech, anticipating likely questions, a user-friendly format for the speech that helps the speaker - and much more besides.
Who this course is for:
- Successful Speeches is for people with little or no experience in writing professional speeches.
- People with some speech writing experience, who want to develop their skills will also benefit.
- It is suitable for people in business large and small, government and the not-for-profit sector.
- People who need to write a speech for a social occasion will also benefit.
- People who need to write a speech for a social occasion, such as a sporting group or other gathering, will find useful content and skills to plan a successful speech.
Steve Cropper is Founder and Managing Director of Reputation Holdings including Reputation Online Learning. He is a pioneer in communication skills training in Australia. His career spans broadcast journalism, politics, public relations and digital media in Australia, Asia and Europe.
Since 1988, Steve has coached leaders in business, government and the not-for-profit sector around the world in a range of communication skills including media interview skills, presenter skills, speech-writing, public relations, crisis and issues management and online reputation management.
He has a Masters degree in Digital Media from the University of Newcastle and is the author of 'Mastering Media Interviews in the 21st Century'.