What you'll learn
- Learn how to create a strategic plan for your writing with clear objectives
- Learn how to create a daily schedule with the day-to-day tasks needed to achieve your planned objectives
- Get into the habit of writing every day
- Learn how to increase the number of words you write each day
- Discover how you can stay ahead of the curve in your niche or sub-genre
- Determine which habits you should incorporate into your schedule for a healthier lifestyle
- You will need a copy of the writing tool Scrivener (NB. You can download a FREE 30 day of actual use trial of Scrivener and I have included a special link within the course materials)
- A willingness to take action on the knowledge learned in this course
In Writing Productivity Habits, a course for self-published authors, I will show you the steps you need to take in order to increase your writing productivity.
You will learn Planning Habits, to ensure that you are writing regularly; Writing Habits, to ensure that you write quickly, Learning Habits, to ensure you stay ahead of the curve in your niche or genre and finally Health-related Habits, to ensure that you remain healthy and avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
***** Last UPDATED in November 2017 *****
Write More Books Each Year Using the Methods Taught in this Comprehensive Course
Ever wonder how some self-published authors manage to write as many as 10 books each year, while you are hard pushed to publish even a couple?
Or are you a part-time writer, struggling to balance your writing career with your regular day job?
Writing productivity really is a key component towards whether or not you will ultimately be successful as a self-published author.
The more books that you are able to write, the more promotional opportunities are available to you and the better chance you have of making a substantial income from your writing.
A Simple Formula For Increasing Your Writing Productivity
When you think about it, a simple formula for writing productively could be:
The amount of time you actually get to sit down and write multiplied by the number or words you are able to write in any given session.
In the course we’ll look together at how you can find the time during your busy schedule for your writing. And also how you can increase the number of words you write each time you sit down at your desk.
In the section on Planning Habits, you will learn:
- How to plan your time effectively, so that you are able to dedicate certain periods of time to your writing, each and every day.
- How to create a medium to long-term strategy for your writing
- How to best manage a part-time career as a writer
- Why writing daily is so important
- How to plan your daily work schedule
In the section on Writing Habits, you will discover how the writing tool, Scrivener, can help transform your whole mindset towards writing. And in particular, I will show you:
- The importance of writing quickly
- How I personally increased the number of words I write every day
- How Scrivener can help you increase your own writing productivity through Distraction Free Writing, Project Statistics and The Setting of Writing Targets
Although this course is primarily focused on writing productivity, it is also concerned with productive habits for self-published authors in general.
It is important that you do not neglect non-writing tasks, which are important in your life as a self-published author, and so I will also show you how you can incorporate marketing, learning and even health-related tasks into your daily routine.
At the end of each section of the course, I have included:
- a Quiz - to test your knowledge of what you have just learned
- a PDF - with links to the resources and tools mentioned in the section, as well as some further reading on the topic.
- a Task Sheet - which sets out a number of tasks for you to complete in order to practice what you have learned.
And by completing the quizzes, the extra reading material and the tasks I have set, I believe you will take even more from the course than if you just sit and watch it, so I highly recommend that you do so.
By the end of this course on writing productivity habits, you will be in a better position to write more books each year and will also be more focused in achieving success in your career as a self-published author.
Who this course is for:
- Self-published authors, who would like to increase the number of books they write each year
- Part-time self-published authors, who are struggling to make time for their writing
- Anyone who is interested in beginning a career as a self-published author
- Authors who would like to stay ahead of the curve in their particular niche or genre
- Authors who would like to avoid a sedentary life-style
Having worked as a marketing manager in London during the nineties, where he also completed his Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing, David decided to leave the rat race in 2000, head east and forge a new career as an online marketer. It was during this time that he published his first book.
As a British ex-pat living in Slovakia, David has set up online businesses and written non-fiction books in a number of different niches, most notably freelance translating, ESL and all things Slovak. He also taught Business English to Slovak companies and private individuals and lectured at universities and other educational institutions, where he developed his passion for teaching.
In the last few years, from his mountain home in the heart of Europe, David has primarily focused on print on demand and self-publishing, during which time he has created over 5,000 designs and published over 1,000 books. In addition to this, David has taught online courses to over 50,000 students, mainly in the print on demand and self-publishing niches, and is currently half-way through writing his first series of YA fiction novels.