- 3 hours on-demand video
- 40 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explore the different types of Picture Books and Storybooks
- Discover the difference between Emergent Readers and First Chapter Books
- Learn what content belongs in a Middle Reader
- Analyze popular themes in children's fiction
- Discover the difference between Story and Plot
- Discover the market for children's nonfiction
- Create your story idea using Dramatic Elements as a foundation
- Learn to build a compelling character children will relate to
- Discover the successful way to sell your book to a publisher
- Explore the lucrative world of self-publishing both physical and ebooks
- Discover wonderful marketing techniques that will make your book sell
- Open to everyone with a passion for children's literature!
Children's books are fun to read, and delightful to write. Share yours with a child, grandchild or the public, by discovering the way to write compelling children's literature in the exciting, hands-on course.
Whether your goal is a picture book, storybook, middle reader or young adult novel, this course provides all the tools you need to succeed.
You'll discover the joys of all these different children's genres:
- Picture Books
- Concept Books
- Emergent Readers
- First Chapter Books
- Middle Readers
- Young Adult Novels
The course introduces you to great fiction and nonfiction children's books for all ages.
Step by step, you'll learn and practice:
- What Makes Great Children's Literature
- The Difference Between Story and Plot
- Dramatic Elements for Great Fiction
- Character Building
- Tips for Polishing Your Work
Once you've created your book, you'll learn how to:
- Find a publisher or agent
- Capitalize on the lucrative world of self-publishing
- Market your book for fun and profit!
In addition to the lessons, the course offers extensive supplemental materials, including reference lists of great children's books in all categories, and more than a hundred links to web resources vital to any children's author.
Whether this is your first children's book or you're an experienced author looking for new techniques, Writing for Children has what you need to get your idea published. Enroll now!
- Authors and Illustrators who want to create inspiring children's books