Writing Irresistible First Pages: Part I
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Writing engaging first pages for fiction.
- How to introduce backstory and other relevant details without bogging down your manuscript.
- Crafting first pages that will hook agents, publishers, and readers.
- The first class in a two-part series on first pages.
- A manuscript draft that you're working on, or,
- A completed manuscript that you're submitting, or,
- A book idea.
There’s a lot of pressure on those opening novel pages. Here’s how to start your story in a compelling way, avoid common mistakes, and catch the attention of an agent or publisher in the slush. In this presentation, you will hear a wealth of information about how to write successful, eye-catching first pages. This course is geared to novel and memoir writers of all categories, from middle grade to fantasy. This is the first part of the two-part First Pages course.
- Beginning to advanced fiction writers who want to hone their craft.
Learn what your first pages are meant to accomplish for agents, publishers, and readers.