Writing Emails That Get Read
- 31 mins on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Sending email is a fundamental part of professional communication. Unfortunately, it is so second nature that many have forgotten how to write emails that respect the recipient, deliver a clear message, and provide both the sender and the recipients with clear calls to action. This course will provide the format that students can use to enhance their effectiveness in their professional email communication.
- A fundamental knowledge of email platforms is necessary for the effectiveness of this course.
When is the last time you experienced email fatigue? Yes, it's a real thing. Email is second nature for many of us….so why another course on email?
Simply for that reason. When something becomes second nature, we tend to fall into an auto-pilot mode and draft email after email without thinking about our content, the effect on our recipient, and what our email communication style is doing to our reputation as communicators, and our relationships with our coworkers. Have you ever opened your email box, saw an email from someone, and thought “ I don’t have time for this!” Of course you have!
My goal for this course, is that YOU aren’t the author of these dreaded emails. This is the last reaction you want to get when you are trying to make things happen in our fast moving world. You want to make things happen….not spend time verifying, confirming, re-explaining. You are a ‘get it done..and get it done right kind of professional. That is why you are here!
This course is presented in short easy to follow video modules. The format allows you to repeat any section that is of most interest to you and that supports your professional growth and success.
I look forward to joining you in the journey.
- This course is for everyone who sends emails in their professional role. Writing emails is second nature for most, but if you are interested in fine tuning your email communication to be more effective in the workplace, this course is for you. Why? Because, it’s time to rethink our email communications. You might be someone who is just now entering the workforce after graduation. You grew up with technology as a daily part of your life, gaming, texting, Facebooking, Instagramming, and Snapchatting. This is all a normal part of your daily life. So, email, you believe, is just an extension of this activity. Hmmm. Perhaps not. Or perhaps you are a seasoned professional with many years of experience behind you. You remember the time when your mailbox had a weekly delivery from AOL, CompuServe, or similar companies, with discs inviting you to enter that new and mysterious online world. These magic discs brought communication to the world with them, including email communications. The 3-ply business memo was soon to be retired from your daily work life. Or….you might be somewhere in between. No matter where you fall on this scale, I am here to take you on a journey to re-think your email communications. This course will provide you with the opportunity to evaluate your current email communication style.
- Today’s business world moves at a fast pace. We work so hard, and are moving so fast…that we don’t pause long enough to take time and evaluate or improve upon our soft skills. That is my goal for you. This course will present ideas, food for thought, and share resources. My biggest goal for you is really…..Awareness. Awareness of how you are utilizing emails in your professional life.
Welcome to Writing Emails That Get Read. It's time to rethink our email communications. Join us for this informative course.
Do you fall into auto-pilot when you send emails? Review the email platform and how our written communication style can improve.
Review your ultimate goal for your email communications, and the impact your writing style has on your audience.